Chapter 3: Garden Decoration

A little time later, the group heads to the Hall of Mirrors. Briar, Sereia, Grim, and Trinket are familiar with the place since they arrive when they try to find Ace, and haven't had time to look around. Jasper and Tanzanite are amazed to see the mirrors.

"Wow. The place is amazing," Tanzanite says.

"Yeah. There are a lot of mirrors. How many dorms are there?" Jasper replies.

"Seven," Deuce answers.

"So which mirror will lead us to the Heartslabyul Dorm?" Sereia asks.

"It's this way," Deuce says, and heads towards the hall to the mirror.

The group arrives at the mirror and sees the design of the mirror. The mirror frame design is of playing cards with hearts on it, and roses. On top it has the Heartslabyul symbol in the shape of a heart and a small crown on top. There are also two spears in the shape of a heart. There is a light on each wall glowing a little each side of the mirror, there is a red rug with mushrooms. In front is a book.

"Ready everyone?" Ace asks.

"We're ready," Briar says.

Deduce and Ace fist walk through the mirror. Briar, Sereia, Grim, Trinket, and the twins follow after them.

Soon, the group steps out of the mirror on the other side of the mirror to see the Heartslabyul dorm.

Briar and the others are amazed to see the Heartslabyul Dorm, and how different the dorm is from their own. The building is red with some white and black, and the entrance is shaped like a heart. There are some flags on light poles that have the dorm symbol on it. There's also a water fountain, and so many rose bushes in the shape of hearts with red flowers.

"Wow," Briar says.

"It's so pretty," Sereia happily says.

Trinket flies to the bush and sniffs one of the flowers.

"Dang this place is swank! This is nothing like our dumpster of a dorm," Grim says.

"Our dorm is still a work-in-progress," Briar replies.

"If you say so," Grim replies.

"Don't worry, I'm sure it will be more homey once we get the place cleaned up," Briar says.

"So which way do we go now?" Jasper asks.

"We head this way," Ace says.

The group continues to follow Ace and Deuce across the dorm, and soon walk around a maze that is made of Rose bushes, and large hedges.

Suddenly, they hear someone say, "Aww yeah, I am getting my paint on!"

"Ah, someone's here," Grim replies.

The group soon walks around to an area in the maze that is full of rose bushes. They notice some red paint cans and paintbrushes.

They notice a boy painting one of the bushes. He's a fair-skinned young man with a height that is a bit taller than average. He has light orange, mid-length hair, and has the top portion of his hair and bangs pulled back into a short ponytail. A few stray strands of hair fall loosely at the sides of his face, and the rest is tucked back behind his ears. His eyes are green, and on his right cheek is a small, red marking shaped like a diamond. He is also wearing a school uniform like the Ace and Deuce.

The boy continues to brush and says, "They all gotta be red, or it's 'off with my head'!"

Hearing what the boy says, Briar suddenly has a strange sense of deja vu.

"Why do I have a sudden sensation of deja dv. It feels like I've seen this somewhere before..." Briar says to herself, confused.

Grim notices Briar's expression and asks, "Hey Briar, what's up?"