Chapter 12: Egg Destroyers

Not long after they arrive in the Mysterious Shop, Briar, Sereia, and Deuce end up meeting the owner of the shop named Sam.

"Um, we wanted to buy all the items on this list..." Deuce says.

But Grim interrupts him, "Ring up two cans of tuna while you're at it!"

"No, Grim! We're not here for tuna!" Deuce shouts.

"That's right. We're here to get all the stuff on the list for the chestnut tarts. We're not here for you," Sereia replies.

Briar walks over with the lift, "Um we're actually here to find a few things on the list, so we need..."

But Sam takes the list and says, "What's this? Cream and eggs and..." And says with interest, "Quite the sacchariferous list! Okay. I'll get everything for you."

"Um thank you," Briar replies.

In no time at all, Sam gathers all the items on the list and places them on the counter. The group is very impressed.

"Whoa... He really does stock that stuff, huh?" Deuce replies.

"I'll say," Briar says.

Then Sam presents them the items, "Here you go. It's pretty heavy..."

Then questions, "Are you sure you can carry this?"

Before Briar can say anything, Sam says, "Luckily for you, our 1/100th size flying saucers are 30% off today. Perfect for carrying groceries!"

"Ooh, lemme see! That sounds awesome!" Grim says with excitement.

But Deuce says, "We're fine, thank you. Let's go, Grim."

"Myah! I didn't realize today was National No Fun Allowed Day!" Grim complains.

"Very well. Then until next time, my little imps. Do come again! Ciao!" Sam happily says.

"Thank you, and have a good day," Briar says with a smile.

After leaving Sam's shop, Briar and the others are walking down Main Street.

"That store was amazing," Deuce says.

"Yeah. They have so much stuff in there," Briar says.

"I agree," Sereia says.

Then Grim says, disappointed, "Yeah, and you're amazingly cheap."

"Who are you calling cheap?!" Deuce sternly asks. "Hmph."

"Oh stop pouting Grim. We're focusing on buying the ingredients we need to make the tarts. Maybe later or so, we can come back and buy the groceries and supplies we need. Sounds fair," Briar replies.

"I suppose you're right. At least we know where to go to buy food and stuff," Grim replies.

Then Deuce turns to Briar, "Briar, looks like you got the bag with all the cans. That must be heavy. Let me take that one. I've got a little trick for carrying heavy bags."

Briar giggles, "You're quite the power shopper." and passes Deuce the bag.

Deuce takes the bag and says, "Yeah. My mom always used to stock up at sales, and the bags would get ridiculously heavy. I was the only man in the house, so I got to do all the heavy lifting, and- Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to monopolize the conversation."

It's great that you helped out around the house. You must have taken good care of your mom," Briar says with a smile.

However, Deuce frowns and says, "No, it wasn't like that at all. The truth is, I-"

Then Briar and Deuce bump into someone. Briar then falls to the ground and soon hears cracking when her grocery bag hits the ground.

"Oh no!" Briar panics and quickly stands up.

She looks inside to see egg whites and egg yolk are seeping out of the carton and into the bag. She opens the carton to see six of the eggs have been broken from the collision.

Grim panics, "Myah! The eggs!"

T-the carton of eggs is totally smashed! And now the bag's dripping egg good everywhere," Deuce says in shock.

Suddenly, they hear a voice, "Ouch! Why don't you watch where you're- Hey!"

The group quickly turns and realizes that the one they end up running into are the Hearthslabyul students they've met in the cafeteria early today.

You're the jerks who broke the egg yolk on my carbonara!

The second student angrily says, "I've had about enough of you punks. You need to learn your place!"

Sereia quickly hides behind Briar, looking frightened as Briar and the boys give them stern glares.

"You're the ones who darted out at us from around a corner! And you picked a fight with us at lunch over an egg that you were still totally able to eat! And now you've destroyed six of OUR eggs!" Deuce sternly says and crosses his arms.

"Yeah! He's right!" Grim replies.

But the student angrily says, "So what? You sayin' that was our fault?"

"I am. Please reimburse us for the eggs. And then apologize to the chickens," Deuce sternly says.

But the second student says, "Ooh, look who's got his big boy pants on. You sure are makin' a big deal outta some stupid eggs."

"What?" Deuce questions, giving them a dark glare.

The first student says, "They haven't even touched the ground, so they're still edible. Quit whinin'.

"You should thank us for savin' ya the trouble of crackin' 'em!" The second student says.

Then they both begin laughing, "Ah ha ha ha ha!"

"That ain't funny," Deuce softly says.

"Huh?" The first student question.

Suddenly, Deuce becomes furious, "I said, THAT AIN'T FUNNY. You don't get to call my eggs stupid. You don't get to call ANY eggs stupid! Those eggs may not have gotten to be chicks, but they were gonna make some amazing tarts! Do you get it yet? DO YOU?!" then begins to crack his knuckles.

This catches everyone in shock and fright. Suddenly, the calm boy Deuce has snapped and is furious.

The second student panics, "What is with this guy all of a sudden?!"

Deuce continues, "You owe me six eggs. If ya ain't gonna pay me for em, then you're gettin' a bruise for each one!"

"Are you serious right now?!" The first student questions in shock.

"Buckle up, jerks!" Deuce says, still full of anger.

Briar, Grim, and Sereia don't know what to say about this. In a few minutes, Deuce has snapped at them, and is going to teach them a lesson. And honestly, they're a little scared of how this is going to turn out.