Chapter 5: A Class Escape

Sometime later, after all the running, Briar and the others, including Ace and Deuce reach their first class for the day. Their first class is in a kind of laboratory full of potion bottles full of potions, empty cauldrons, and many different potions or spell books. There are also a lot of students in the class wearing lab coats and goggles. Briar and the others are actually wearing them too for this class

Sereia sighs and says, "We finally made it."

"I know that was really tiring," Tanzanite says.

Jasper chuckles, "Maybe you shouldn workout more."

"Maybe, but you're more athletic than I am," Tanzanite says.

Sereia then looks around the room, "So this is where we're having our first class?"

"Yeah. According to the schedule, our first class is Potionology," Brari says, looking at the schedule.

Suddenly, says to them, "Ah. You must be my new homeroom students."

The group looks to see the instructions for the class. A man who seems to be around Crowley's height. His hair is parted at the side, with the longer section colored white and the shorter section black. He has narrow gray eyes and wears silver studs in his ears. He is wearing a thick, black-and-white furry coat. Underneath is a tuxedo - consisting of a black dress shirt, red tie, a black-and-white vest, black dress pants, black dress shoes, and a black belt with a silver buckle, studs, and spiky sections. He also wears red gloves. He has several tail-like appendages hanging from the bottom of his coat.

He then says, "Hm, that's quite the unusual coat of fur. Do make sure that you arrive properly groomed. My name is Divus Crewel. You may call me Master Crewel."

He then says, "Now, take your seats. Class is about to begin."

With that, all the students in the class begin to take their seats. Briar along with Grim, Sereia, the twins, and Trinket are sitting at the front row while Ace and Deuce sit in the row behind them with some other students.

Crewel then says, "We're going to start with the basics. And by that, I mean beating the names and distinguishing characteristics of one hundred herbs and poisons into your tiny brains."

The students, especially Briar, grow a bit pale to see the instructor holding a kind of teaching pointer with a red collar and jewel charm attached to the end of it.

Then the instructor explains, "The mycelia are another matter. But eventually, I'm hopeful you'll be able to take a walk without putting anything poisonous into your gaping maws. For now, I realize you have all the self-control of voracious hounds." Then shows the teaching pointer again, "But I will not abide a single student failing this class. Expect to be drilled accordingly."

"Huh. So... does anyone know what a mycelia is?" Deuce replies.

"I've never been one for like, memorizing what things are, ya know?" Ace replies.

Then Grim says, "All I care about is how to tell the yummy plants from the yucky ones."

"Come on Grim, maybe doing some potion making can be fun," Briar says.

"I never made potions before though," Sereia replies.

"Me neither," The twins reply.

Trinker tinkles as she shrugs her shoulders and shakes her head, meaning she doesn't know either.

"I'm sure the instructor can explain it during the lesson," Briar replies.

The others nod their hands in reply. And so the group begins to listen to the instructor as they start with the class, and learn about potion making and the herbs and ingredients used for it.