| xviii ; conflicting devils

"How is she, Ieiri-san?"

Yuta. Y/N called his name.

"I'm sorry, Yuta. Her vitals are perfect, and there's nothing much I can do since it isn't a physical injury. The best conclusion I've come up with is that she's in a short coma."

"Is there no telling when she'd wake up?" There was a hint of desperation behind his voice, making Y/N want to wake up immediately. However, her body said otherwise as she felt her bones were carrying the weight of the world.

"Angel, open your eyes and talk to me. Please. I miss you so much."

Y/N felt the warm and soft touch of his fingers against her cheek, the strong hold of his arm around her waist.

"Y/N," Pandora called from behind.

The girl turned around, and saw a different appearance this time around. It must've been Pandora's real form as Y/N could feel the sinister energy radiating off her.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
PANDORA

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────PANDORA

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"Take my hand," Pandora extended her hand with a smile. "I will give you whatever you desire."

Y/N looked down at the hand before she met Pandora's eyes. And as she took the one final step towards Pandora, her hand locked with hers, binding their words together.

Y/N.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Slowly, Y/N became conscious of the body next to hers. She felt the weight of an arm curled around her waist, the tangle of her legs with another and the solid chest pressed to her own. Finally, she became aware of the soft, steady breath against the top of her head.

Her heart skipped a beat and sped up almost instantaneously. Her soul recognised his presence, the scent that radiated of his body even when her consciousness couldn't.

Yuta laid on the bed next to Y/N's sleeping figure, holding her as if she was the most cherished treasure in the universe.

She focused on each breath that he took as her own body seemed to follow and meet his rhythm. Deep and steady, yet not really asleep. His fingers traced shapes and letters on her back, travelling up and down her spine.

Y/N wanted to see him, she wanted to tell him that she was all right now. She wanted her eyes to open, yet it seemed her body did not want to listen. After a few more unsuccessful attempts, Y/N tried to focus on a different part of her body.