TWENTY-NINE: Lovers

Never would I have imagined the unconditional love someone could have for me, but now here in Bendy's arms, I realize that there was at least someone out there who cared for me. All I needed was a letter to find him.
A warm feeling covered my body as I cuddled close to Bendy's chest, listening to his slow, steady breathing while he purrs. He had me locked in his arms protectively, as if at any time someone could take me from him, and his face was buried in the crook of my neck. It was two days after his confession, and since then I've never left his side. Sammy had gone back down to the music department, claiming he felt better and thanked us, but I made sure to give him a well-fair check everyday. So far he was fine. Just spent his days in his old office, strumming away on his banjo. Nightfall hated Bendy being so close to me. At first, when we got back to the base after our date, he hissed at him, to which Bendy hissed back, making Nightfall retreat into my room. Poor kitty only wants to protect his owner. Eventually he'll get used to the fact that Bendy is now apart of our small family. He's already starting to cuddle him.

My eyes fluttered opened to hear a quiet meow. I lifted my head slowly, careful not to wake Bendy up. Nightfall jumped onto bed, tail fluffed up behind him as he began strutting over to us. He sniffed at Bendy's arms that were wrapped around me, then squeezed into the middle of us, and immediately began to snore. Bendy seemed to wake up, one of his hand moving to pat the cat. Nightfall made no attempt to respond to Bendy's pets with a purr. Instead, he snored.

I smiled softly, and Bendy's gaze turned to me, "Morning hun, did he wake you?" Nightfall sneezed loudly in the middle of his sentence, then began to snore louder.
I shook my head in response, "No, I woke up just a little before. Did he wake you?"
Bendy only replied to me with a small shrug, then lean over and kissed me. I kissed him back.

There wasn't much to do when there was a snoring, sleeping cat depending on both of our body heat to keep warm, so we stayed in each other's arms, listening to Nightfall's loud snores. After a while of sitting in comfortable silence, Bendy spoke, "Does he always snore?"
I chuckled, "Sometimes. When he's very comfortable is when he snores the most is what I've noticed. He used to snore all the time at our old house." Our house. It was no longer home. Home was here, with Bendy.

Bendy smiled a little in response, then laid his head down on my shoulder.
"What are we going to do today, Bends?"
"Dunno. Do you have any plans?"
I shrugged, "Just check on Sammy. Make sure he's doing okay."
"I'll tag along then." He murmured.
"Yeah? You really want to visit Sammy?" I teased.
I could tell he was smiling, "Not really, but I want to stay with you."
I smiled and kissed his hand that was interlocked with mine. He kissed my cheek in response.

It took a while to get the motivation to leave Bendy's embrace and get ready, even though Bendy was going to be there beside me, his hand holding mine.
Nightfall had woken up as soon as Bendy got up. Now he bounced around our legs, his black fur around his mouth wet from shoving his face in his bowl of bacon soup. Honestly, it probably wasn't healthy for him, but it was indeed the only thing we have for him.

Bendy opened a portal that led to the music department, while I said farewell to my cat with head pats. He seemed to understand, and rushed back into my room; probably to hide under the bed until I returned. I turned to Bendy with a smile, to which made him smile, "After you toots."
I went into the portal, taking Bendy's hand for comfort, and just like that we were in the music department. The sound of a voice singing filled the place. Every step only led to the singing getting louder, until finally we found the source.
Sammy was leaning back in his chair, his banjo in his hands- although he wasn't playing it at the moment, and was singing to his little heart's content. He was in his office, which was messy with new splotches of ink everywhere and torn papers. Not wanting to interrupt Sammy, the two of us stayed outside the wide-open door and listened. It probably was shut, leaving only a crack open, but then opened itself all the way- considering Sammy hated having his office door wide open, although I can't think of any reason why.