THIRTY-ONE: The fool

There was a sound of crashing as the Bendy cutout fell to the floor, chopped into multiple pieces. Jake watched it fall, smiling softly, "One down. Eight more to go... I think." He sighed and went back to the elevator to retrace his steps.
Where has he seen Bendy cutouts?
Surely there were some nearby the elevator, he just doesn't know where. Maybe Buddy did.

As he walked through the halls, he suddenly grew lost. Every winding turn made his stomach churn with anxiety more and more. And every churn of worry made him realize how hungry he was. He could barely find any food down here, and every can he finds, he gobbles down greedily without a second thought.
Eventually, he did make it back to the elevator. Jake let out a breath of relief as he headed into it, where Buddy awaited his arrival.
"Hey bud, do you know where any of those blasted cutouts are?" Jake asked, giving the toon wolf a pat on the head while smiling softly.
'Check Heavenly toys.' Buddy signed, his tail wagging.
"Thanks bud."
And back into the halls Jake went.

Heavenly toys was a better place to locate for Jake. He at least knew where it was, and can get to it if he stays in a straight path. He made sure he was quiet as to not attract the ink demon, although he hasn't seen the demon since that moment with his sister. Worry began to bubble up inside him again. What was he going to do to save (Y/n)? Was she even alive?
He had no idea. The ink demon was hiding her away.

There was a hush blanketing Heavenly toys. Immediately, Jake knew that something was going on. Ahead of him was the angel, Alice, whose been the one giving Jake these silly blasted tasks of destroying Bendy cutouts. Alice smirked at the presence of Jake, turning around to look at him, stopping him from walking away like he wanted to;
"Isn't it beautiful?" Alice sighed out, "My domain is perfect. Just the sight of it compared to the demon gives me joy."
Jake remained silent, like he always did when Alice was talking. If he stayed silent, she would talk less. Sometimes.

Alice gazed at Jake, inspecting him for awhile, which made him uncomfortable. After a long minute ticked by, she spoke, "Say, can I ask you a favor?"
Jake hesitated, "Sure."
"It's a biiiiig favor."
"I don't care."
"It's a risky, risky favor- your life could be-"
"Alice, I don't care. Just- tell me what it is." Jake muttered coldly.

Alice seemed shocked, then she snapped out of it, "I need you to spy on the ink demon."
Jake choked on his spit, "What-?"
"I told you it's a big favor." Alice frowned, putting a hand on her hip.
"I-" she was right. She warned him.
"Okay, I'll do it."
"Really? You will?!" Alice smiled brightly, "Oh thank you my little errand boy! I promise you'll be rewarded greatly."
"Yep, not a problem." Jake smiled, although it wasn't at all bright. It was full of fear. What the hell did he get himself into?

***

I flipped through the pages of a large book, full of the history of the lost ones. Beside me was an actual lost one, and behind both of us was Bendy, who was pacing back and forth and ranting about the angel.
After leaving Mika's yesterday, Bendy made plans to visit an former ally of his, who was a lost one named Inkus.
They weren't like other lost ones, as they could speak fluently and had short messy black hair, hardened with ink. And their eyes gleamed a more brown color than that amber shade.

"He's only half-ink. A human got trapped in the studio about 18 years ago and hooked up with a lost one." Bendy explained before we went to Inkus's library that morning.
"How was he born then?"
"The human gave up their life for his. Other than that, I don't know." Bendy shrugged.

One page had caught my attention, "Hey guys, come look at this."
Bendy had appeared at my other side in one swift movement, and Inkus's attention went to the book. It was a page that showed a sketch of Alice angel and blueprints on how to bring her to life.
Inkus huffed, "Looks like something Joey made before he died."
Bendy nodded in agreement, "It is..."
"Do you think it will help us?" I tilted my head.
Bendy shrugged, "Maybe."