THIRTY-TWO: Sickness

((Warning; this chapter will have mentions of vomiting.))

It's been a week since the attack at the lost one town. A week dedicated to recovering from our wounds and preparing for more upcoming attacks. Bendy and I decided to stay at Inkus's for a little while, until everything was settled back in and well prepared.
A new kind of peace has overlayed the town, even though they've lost a lot. They have hope now that the demon is their ally. Hope that they can finally have happiness; maybe even be set free.

Seems how we plan to stay at the lost one town for awhile, Bendy went back to the base to Nightfall the day after the attack, so that way he's not alone, worried and hungry.
Right now, I laid down on the makeshift bed with Nightfall laying on top of my stomach, curled up in a ball. He lifted his head up to look at me with wide worried amber eyes. He had just gotten used to the base as our new home, and now he has to get used to the library as a temporary home.
I patted his fluffy head, talking to him in a soothing voice, "I know, boy. I don't really like staying at this place either." It reminded of the fact that Jake is working for the angel, "But we'll get through this, like we always do. Me and you. Against the whole world." I put my nose against his as he purred softly.

A wave of nausea suddenly washed over me. I quickly put Nightfall down on the pillow and rushed to a nearby trash can, vomiting. Nightfall looked at me, eye wide and alert. He meowed loudly, as if calling for someone to come to my aide. Sure enough, Bendy appeared at my side, petting/holding up my hair.
I was shaking over the trash can, gagging, although no more puke came out.
Bendy's hands moved to pet my back, "Are you alright, dear?"
I nodded, moving to face him and bury my face into his chest.
Inkus walked into the room, holding four cans of bacon soup, "What happened?"
"(Y/n)'s sick." Bendy murmured, shooting my a worried glance, "She threw up in the trash can."
Inkus place down the soup cans and came to our side. He kneeled down and examined me for a moment, then placed a hand on my forehead, "She doesn't seem to have a fever.." Inkus stood up and went up to one of his shelves, grabbing a book one of the lost ones wrote about sickness, "Hm, is it just vomiting?" He asked, his brown gaze turning to Bendy.
"Mhm." Nightfall came up to us, meowing happily as my shaky hand moved to pet him. Only a slither of my face could be seen; the rest was buried in Bendy's chest.

"It could be food poisoning then. I know humans probably shouldn't eat all this bacon soup, considering some of it is far beyond expired." Inkus explained, which only made me feel more sick. Bendy frowned slightly, "Well, there's nothing else. Except whatever that cartoon cat found."
Inkus beamed, "Aha! That's it, we'll get all of (Y/n)'s food from Maxx from now on!" He turned to walk over to the door, "I'll go visit him now. Stock up."
I perked up, turning to Inkus, "He's lives around here?"
They turned to me, tiling his head slightly, "I didn't say he lived around here, did I?"
I shook my head, "You didn't but he's got to live nearby if you've seen him before, right?"
"He comes by our merchant's place often. If I'm lucky, I'll catch them."
Bendy seemed uneasy, picking me up and placing me into the makeshift bed, "I'll come with you, just in case."
Inkus shook his head, "No, not necessary. Your girlfriend needs you more than me. I have my scythe." With that, he picked up his scythe and left.

Bendy turned to look at me, his gaze full of worry, "How do you feel?"
"A little better," I murmured, smiling softly at him. He sat down beside me, taking my hands into his, "You still feel so shaky.." He murmured.
I sat up just to lay back down in his lap. Bendy smiled gently, gazing at me warmly. We remained like that for what seemed like an hour. Nightfall eventually crept up into my arms, purring to soothe me.
After a while longer cuddling, I felt another wave of nausea blanket me. My hands moved to my stomach as I whimpered. Bendy moved the trash can to me in one swift movement with his tail. I couldn't fight it any longer. Once the trash can was in sight, I threw up in it, making me even shakier and feeling even worse.