SIX: The Shepherd's sorrow

The man whipped around the corner, an axe in his hand. I bumped into the wall, as I ran off in another direction. Fear filled my whole body, which made my legs shake and my speed not so fast. The man caught up to me. He was hot on my tail.

I felt my heart almost stop. I had tripped on my feet. The dusty floor greeted me, as I felt him pull my ankle and drag me.
"NOOOOOO!!" I screamed and sobbed, begging for life. The man didn't listen; He listened to my cries as if they were a soft comforting hum. Eventually I gave up. I was going to die anyway. There's no way I was going to escape this hellish studio. There really is no point. I looked at the man, inspecting his features. He was going to kill me soon, might as well know who my killer is.

The first thing I noticed was that his whole body was covered in pure ink. Even his hair was covered in ink. He wore an old bendy mask to cover his face. What's under his mask: who knows- the mask had ink stains and smudges on it. Basically, he was just an inky person.
I let out a shaky breath, and closed my eyes. It's so odd. Just only a day ago, was I in my bedroom, listening to music and petting My cat's small little head, hearing his delighted purrs. Now look at where I am. In an abandoned studio, about to die. I held back my tears. I hate to admit it, but I'm scared. I don't want to be here. I want to be at home, with Nightfall alive and well, running around the house happily with his happy little meows. I miss that little rascal, and I wish he was still here with me. Maybe thing would've been so much better.

I didn't notice that we stopped the inky man with a mask picked me up and tied me around a pole, "Hey, Let m-" I was interrupted by him shushing me
"Shhhhh, little sheep. The time has come, where you rest your sleepy head."

"Who are you??!?!?!?" I retorted. My heart pounded like fireworks were going through my chest.

He chuckled softly, "Now now Little sheep, You don't need to know who I am.."
"Then what do you want from me!!!" I screamed out.
He paused,
"You are my sacrifice to our lord and savior Bendy, my little sheep."

"B-but why me?" My voice cracked, making me cringe. He didn't reply.
"Now then," He said, "It's time.." a smirk formed under his mask, as he turned around to face my weak self.
I looked at him dully. What did he mean? I didn't ask what he meant, because he probably wouldn't answer me anyway. He let out a soft insane chuckle, "Once I'm done with you, my lord will be pleased, and he will then set us all free.."

So, apparently, he's a cult leader now. Okay, that's fine. Everything's fine.

He inspected me closely, which made me very uncomfortable, "You look," He paused, "Familiar..." I tilted my head, then my eyes widened with realization. I remember now..
"Sammy..." I murmured. The former cranky music director looked baffled, then brushed it off, "Not now, for our lord is waiting. He wouldn't be too happy if I left him hanging.."
A big bang was heard up in the vents, making me yelp. Sammy smirked, chuckling, "That's him!" He exclaimed, "Our lord is coming!" He headed over to the room next to us. Before leaving, he looked over his shoulder, and softly murmured, "Farewell, little sheep.."

I hung my head low, tears fell from face. The more I stay here, the more fucked up everything gets. Sammy was always rude to everyone, but he was always kind just to me. He was well.. a friend. Now look at him, trying to kill me. God, what happened to this place?

The speaker's squeaked to life; Sammy's voice was heard, "Sheep Sheep Sheep, It's time for sleep," Distant growls came from the halls. I shook in fear. Sammy's words echoed throughout my head.
"Rest your head, It's time for bed.. In the morning you may wake, or in the morning, you'll be dead.."
The growls became closer and louder. My heart pounded swiftly. I'm sorry, for anyone who cared for me. I'm sorry that I couldn't care back. I'm sorry.. I hope someone will actually care when I'm gone.
"Hear me Bendy! Arise from the darkness and take this tender sheep!"
Inky veins were all over the walls indicating that the inky monster was near. I guess that's Sammy's 'lord'. Huh, interesting..
Sammy's wavy panicked voice echoed through the speaker, "No! My lord, Stay back! I am your-" He was cut off by his own deafening scream.
Fear pulsed through me. I quickly wriggled out off the ropes. I don't want to face that.. demon. I don't want to die by it. Eventually, I got free from the ropes, but it wasn't fast enough. The creature busted down the door, blood stained his inky claws.

I backed up, screaming at the monster, "Stay back, Y-you Demon!!"
I made it more mad. It growled demonicly, charging toward me. I flinched, crouching down. I gave into him. It's what I'm best at....
I've been doing it all my life. Everyone gets what they want out of (Y/N). They can break me, and change me, and I'll let them get what they want and desire.

You know, they say that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die, and it is true. All those horrible memories from my past, they're filling my head. I hate it. I hate it so much.
Alright, I'm ready to die...

"Kill me now, Ink demon.." I murmured. He did nothing.
I scoffed, "..Just like the others.. Why does everyone want me to live so bad, When they don't even care? Just kill me: It's that easy.." Still, He did nothing.

I don't know why, but it made me angry. He had all this power, he could do what he likes. And he keeps me alive because it isn't what I want. Without thinking, I yelled at him, "Just end me already, Ink demon!!" My voice became wavy, "Please......"

Silence... it's overwhelming, and deafening.
The ink demon let out a soft growl, none that was threatening, "You.." He spoke in a raspy deep demonic voice, "Come with me. Or. Else."

I blinked, as he lifted up my chin with his claw. I looked at where his eyes should be. He was... serious. I sat there bewildered. He probably wants me as his prisoner, but still. He spared me.

He stood up, offering his hand. Carefully I took it. I had to be careful. He was a demon after all.
He lifted me up off the ground, catching me by surprise. He started heading back to the room Sammy was in. I had no choice but to follow him. I was too scared not to. He could kill me at any second. That's what's making me very uneasy.

Sammy laid on the floor. He was curled up, but was still alive. That's a relief. He may have tried to sacrifice me, but that doesn't change the fact that I don't want to see any dead corpses. The inky demon made some type of portal on the wall. My heart pounded swiftly. He started entering the portal, trying to bring me along. I backed up, whimpering. I don't know what would happen if I go through that portal. I could die for crying out loud! I could get stuck in there! I wasn't an ink monster like him.

He sighed. Clearly, he was annoyed. He turned to me, his inky gaze cold, "Do you want your cat?" He growled.
As if he said the magic words, I snapped. There's so much going on... Why mention Nightfall? I already know that he's dead... Do you want to see your cat? His words echoed in my head. Nightfall..... He was alive. The ink demon had him. But that would mean...
I glared at him, "What did you do to him?!?!?!?!"
"That's no important. Look, do you want to see him, or no"
I started bawling my eyes out. Why couldn't things... just be normal. Now that I look back to what happened, I kinda wished Sammy would kill me.
At least something good will happen. If I follow this ink demon, he WILL take me to my cat. I will make sure of it.

The ink demon sighed softly. He kneeled down to me, stroking my cheek, "Hey..." I looked up at him.
"You'll be okay.. I'll be with you the whole time.."
He lifted me up, taking me and him through the portal. I calmed down my nerves.
Don't worry Nightfall, I'm coming..