SEVEN: Trigger words

There was Nightfall, On the floor. Ink was all around him. He meowed softly in pain. His whole body was shaking with fear. Oh, my poor little kitty!
"Nightfall!" I ran up to him. He lifted up his head, meowing toward me. I picked him up. He was hurt!
I turned to the ink demon. He avoided my gaze, which means..

He did this.

I looked back at Nightfall, kissing his small kitty head. He meowed, whimpering slightly.
"Come come." The ink demon said behind me. I glared at him. Why should I go with him? He hurt my kitty!
He frowned and growled, "Do you want your precious.. cat- to be alive?"
I looked down at Nightfall. He may have a broken bone. No, scratch that. He definitely has a broken bone. It's lucky enough that he was alive this whole time. I had to take his help, or else I'll lose Nightfall. For good, this time. I'm not letting that happen if I have a choice.

I stood up, giving the ink demon an intimidating glare, "You're going to help us, right?"
The ink demon burst into laughter, as if he was told a joke. My blood became hot with anger, but I had the sense to hold my tongue.
Finally, he stopped, and looked at me, "Help you?!?! Oh no no no.." He stepped closer to me, "You see. My prophet fetched you for me.. So now, you are my prisoner, and you do what I say.." He glared at me, "We clear?"
I nodded a response. There's no choice anyway. I either have to be his prisoner, or die. And I choose to be his prisoner.
"Now then," He snickered, "Tomorrows going to be a looooong day.. So when we head to 'Camp' I want you to rest." The ink demon demanded, "Then tomorrow, I'll figure out what to do with you.."
So, he's clueless what to do with me. I guess I'll put that in my notes.

We walked through the halls. Actually, correction; the ink demon dragged me while I held Nightfall. I felt my cat snore while he slept. It was amusing, aside from the whimpers he would make here and there.
I'm assuming we're going to be traveling for quite a while, so it gives me some time to rethink about what happened. Sammy, the former music director who was my friend, had sacrificed me to his 'lord'. So now, here I am, the ink demon's prisoner. Well, at least something good happened; I got Nightfall back. And he's going to be okay..

"Hey boy," I whispered. He perked his ears up while looking at me, "I'm glad that you're still alive... so glad.." He purred out a little response, then fell asleep. I smiled softly. A long half hour of the Ink demon dragging me has passed. Nightfall decided to start walking. Surprisingly, he seemed fine, so I just let him. As long as I keep my eye on him he'll be okay.
A couple of times, he tried to eat the ink demon's foot. I had to stop him from kicking, and possibly killing my cat.
After that, the ink demon started dragging me by my arm tightly, as if I was a little kid being dragged around the grocery store.

"Damnit!" I heard the ink demon growl out, which snapped me out of all my thoughts. I turned to him, and saw what was making him so angry; the entrance was blocked off.
He looked at me with his sharp invisible gaze, "I'm going to make a portal. You, deal with it." He said plainly. I looked at him, bewildered. Who the fuck does he think he is?! He could've at least said that more nicely.
As he made a portal, I picked up Nightfall and kissed his fluffy black head. The ink demon turned to me and took me hand, going to the portal. I felt Nightfall tense up in my arms.

We were then at our destination. I looked around. It seemed more dull here. TV's hung on top of each corner. They played a couple of cartoons my dad made. I smiled softly at them There was ink scattered around here and there, but that was to be expected now that I've been here for a day or so. What amazed me, was the throne in the middle of the room. It was breathtaking to me.
I continued looking at the throne, as the ink demon sat down in it. So it must be his.. I guess that means he has a lot of power over this studio, if he has a throne and all.
"Tell me," He began speaking, "Who are you, and why are you here? A human like you know that it not safe here.."
My heart sank a bit. Does this mean I have to tell this demon about my dad?
"I came here.." I took a soft breath, "Because I need to tell Joey something about my dad, Henry Stein."
I saw the ink demon make a snarl, as he stood up and kneeled down to me, "Don't ever talk about Joey in my presence..." He growled demonicly. I shook a bit and nodded.
"Now tell me," He proceeded to speak. I had no choice but to listen. He grabbed me by hair, making me yelp in pain. He came closer to my face, "WHERE IS HENRY?!?"
I couldn't take it anymore. I snapped. Tears bursted out of my eyes, which did not at all please the demon.
He growled and threw me across the room, "I asked you a question. Obey me, and tell me," Before I had time to sit up, he pushed me down to the ground, and put his foot on my back to keep my still, "Where. Is. HENRY!" He growled demonicly.
I bursted into tears, "HE'S DEAD!!!!"

Silence.

Utter silence..

All you could hear was my feeble little cries. I hated it.

The ink demon huffed and muttered under his breath, "That bastard got what he deserved....."
I suddenly snapped, filled with rage, "DON'T YOU FUCKING SAY THAT!!" I screamed out. He growled at me, and yanked my hair, pulling me close to his face, "Watch. Your. TONE!"
I squirmed in his grasp, and tried to attack him, making things way worse. He threw me again, only this time.
It was way harder.

I heard my ankle crack as I ungracefully slammed into the wall. It was half cracked from where he threw me. He grabbed my neck with his claw tightly, causing my to scream loudly. He cackled insanely at my pain, watching as tears fell down my face, "Now, I'm going to let you go this time. But let me tell you something.." His grip became tighter on my neck. I couldn't breathe..
"The next time you ever yell like that to me, you won't be lucky..."

With that, he threw me once again, across the room. I was like a broken ragdoll.. Well, now, I guess I am a doll to play around with. That's what everyone thinks about me. The ink demon just proved it, "Am I ever lucky? I mean, I'm in a room with a monster.." I knew it was a mistake to say that, but still I did it. It was already on the table, and I couldn't take it back. Oh, why do I have to be such a failure?

I heard a loud crack as he turned to me, a huge insane smile stuck on his face, "What did you just say...?"
"Oh? Did you not hear me?" I stood up and calmly walked up to him, smiling sarcastically, "I said; Am I ever lucky? I mean," As stupid as I was, I felt cocky and went closer to the inky demon, "I am in a room with a monster.."

He growled demonicly at me, as I opened my big fat mouth again, "What? Do you not like the word monst-" I was cut off by him scratching my cheek with his long ass claws. My heart almost stopped, as I fell to the floor in silent salty tears.
The ink demon huffed and smirked, "There.. That'll teach you a lesson.." He chuckled darkly, "Next time, your punishment will be worse..." He kneeled down to me, and lifted up my chin. I whimpered, making him smirk, "You understand?" I nodded shakily. He smirked even more, "Good girl~"
Before I could respond, he picked me up and took me into a room that had a small bed, which looked to be very uncomfortable. He placed me down, and watched as I curled up in a ball, amused, "I can tell me and you will get along nicely, Slave.."
That sums it up. He thinks of me as his slave; his little pet.. His little puppet.

I wish I could be more than just a pet, but I'll never be like that. Tears and blood fell down my face. I sobbed. My emotions came flooding out like a tsunami. I felt Nightfall jump onto the bed, and curl up in my arms. I held him and met his amber eyes. He put a paw on my hand, as if to tell me that everything was okay. I smiled softly.
He was right. I am okay.. I have Nightfall again.

That's all that matters....