SEVENTEEN: Trouble sleeping

Darkness.
That's all I saw.
Where am I?
I don't know.
All I know is that I can't see.
Or it's just that dark.
Who knows..
...
Whispers
I hear whispers.
There getting louder and louder.
Oh god..
Make it stop.
It's still getting louder.
They're saying; "Help me.. He said he'd set us free.. The creators were lying! We're trapped here forever.."
Am I panicking?
I think I'm panicking.
...
Yellow Eyes are now everywhere.
They're gazes are fixed on me.
They're talking bad stuff about Dad.
No.
No!
NO!
Someone!
Help me!
Make it stop!
This is becoming too much!
I just want to be home..
And cuddle my cat on the couch as we watch T.V.
But I can't do that anymore.
Why?
Because of Joey..
He ruined everything!
If he didn't act so stupid, maybe none of this would've happened
Oh, but nooooooo
He decided to make hell of a studio!
...
I'm tired.
And getting weak.
There's so many things here.
So many secrets..
It's like an emotional rollercoaster.
Heh, I like rollercoasters..
...
Wait...
..Is this even real?

...

My eyes snapped open as I sat up, which made the sleeping cat who was on my chest fall into my lap. Somehow, Nightfall was still sleeping, snoring even.
I sighed with relief. Thank God all of that was a dream. I don't know why, but something about it had made me uneasy. Just be thankful that it's over... very thankful.

I laid back down, letting my thoughts drown me like a hurricane of ink. I listened to the soft snores from my cat. If only it was that easy for me to sleep like that. I bet I'd be in a better mood if that ever happened. But it won't if I keep on having nightmares..
Outside my room was quiet. Bendy was probably fast asleep, and Mika's probably as well in her safehouse. It was just me who was awake. Me who had to face the darkness alone.
My stomach growled with hunger. I haven't ate since I took that shower. And that was hours ago. I got up from my bed, then stood up as silently as I could, carefully placing down the sleepy black cat back onto the bed. And surprisingly enough, he stayed fast asleep.
Now, I walked out of my room and into the throne room to get some soup.
Unfortunately for me, Bendy was sitting on his throne, wide awake. He noticed me immediately.

"What are you doing..?" He growled. His voice was more deep than usual.
I turned to the exhausted looking ink demon, gulping before speaking, "I-I'm hungry..."
He only nodded and pointed to the soup stash with his tail, "Soup's over there. You can make some on the stove if you like."
I followed the direction his tail pointed at, picking up a can, then standing up straight to face his inky gaze once more, "And where would that be?" He got up from his throne and dragged himself all the way to me, "Follow me..." He then walked toward what is to be a kitchen. I followed him as he placed a pot onto the stove. He turned to me, "You know how to cook, correct?"
I nodded.
He didn't say anything else, just went aside and watched me cook my soup.

As I waited for the soup to cook, I looked at him. Ink seemed to run down more off his body. He seemed very tired; he couldn't even stand up straight.
Silence surrounded us like a huge thick blanket. I shifted awkwardly, playing with my fingers nervously.
"So uhm, why are you awake?"
"I don't sleep." He replied grimly.

"Why not?"
"Does it matter?"
Silence.

"You seem tired," I said, "You need rest."
"I do not." He growled.
My gaze darkened as I glared at him, "But you're tired-"
"(Y/n," He turned to me, "There seems to be something you're missing, I'm a demon. I don't need the things you need in order to survive, I'm immortal."
"Then how come you're so sleepy?" I pressed.
"I didn't say I couldn't eat or sleep, now did I?" He snapped.
"Then why don't you sleep when you're sleepy?!"

He sighed softly, "Look, I don't want to talk about that. I have trouble sleeping and that's that."
I stared at him softly, "Oh..." That was all I could say. I would've said something else, something to continue the conversation, but when I saw his dull expression, I knew I shouldn't say anything more. He didn't look like himself. He looked so sad. And I understand. I have trouble sleeping too.
Ever since dad died, I have been having nightmares worse and worse as time goes on. When I moved out, they decreased. But now, since I've came here, they've slowly come back.

"(Y/n), the soup." I snapped out of my thoughts and turned of the stove, excited for fresh food. I felt Bendy's gaze burn into my back, but this time, I didn't feel uneasy about it. His gaze was more soft and kind than his usual sharp glares he gives me. I glanced to him, "Would you like some?"
He shook his head. I turned back to the pot of soup and got myself a bowl, getting out a ladle as well and give myself some soup.

Bendy walked back to his throne, and eventually, I followed him and sat on the floor in front of him, immediately chowing down on my soup. He watched.
"Wow. You were really hungry." He said when I was done. I only nodded.
"Guess I'll see you in the morning then." I didn't say anything. I just avoided his gaze, which made him raise an eyebrow, "What? Scared of the dark, toots?" He taunted, chuckling softly.
Again, I didn't answer. What even could I say? 'Oh, I had a nightmare so now I'm too afraid to sleep.' Yeah, that'd be "great" to say to a demon who doesn't care.

"Well?" He growled.
I suddenly spoke quickly, "I-I can't sleep?"
"Why's that?"
"Well uhm..." I stopped mid-sentence. Bendy looked at me, his tail twitching impatiently, "Go on."
"I had a nightmare... I've been having nightmares."
He frowned, "Don't worry about them, they're just dreams." He said comfortingly.

Silence.

"Well... it looks like we have something in common..."
He smiled, "Heh, yeah."

More silence.

I shivered a bit as a cold chill danced down my spine. Bendy noticed this, "You alright?" I nodded.
And once again, silence.
Though this time, it was interrupted by Bendy scooping me up and sitting back on his throne, me on his lap.
"What are you-"
"Shut up about this. Just accept it."

With that, we cuddled. Surprisingly, he was pretty warm for an ink demon. Drowsiness suddenly overwhelmed me, I fought back sleep. There was an odd sound coming from Bendy. Kinda like a purr... Wait. Was he purring? He was!
So there I was, listening to the ink demon's purrs as my eyes slowly shut. And for once, I was relaxed.