THIRTY-FOUR: The Angel

I followed Alice all the way back to Heavenly toys- which was a long trip in my sick state. Luckily, the angel knew many short cuts within the tunnels inside the walls; which she forced Maxx to show her.
"We're almost there, (Y/n)!" Alice chimed, looking at me with slight concern in her gaze.
She took me where to paths lay in the way- one that read Demon and the other that read Angel. Alice took me to the angel path, which led us to a dark room with a shattered window.

"What happened here?" I couldn't help but ask, inspecting the broken glass at my feet.
Alice chuckled, "Boy trouble with your brother."
I flinched at the mention of Jake, "Oh."
"Don't worry, that silly errand boy paid. For everything he's done." Her gaze darkened, then brightened, "Follow me!" Passing through Heavenly toys, she took me through more tunnels inside the walls, which led straight into her lair.

My eyes widened in awe at the place. It was nice and tidy, lights like the ones at Bendy Land hung in the walls, dangling slightly. Rows of mirrors were placed at one side, makeup scattered among its platforms. Beside us, on each side, was two wardrobes, full of old-timey clothing and black dresses. Alice took off her cloak and placed it in one of the wardrobes, exposing her black dress. She looked at me, amused, "Do you like what you see?"
"What is this place?" I murmured,
"The green room," She replied, "It's where all the actors and actresses came to get all dolled up for interviews and special occasions." She smiled as memories filled her head, "It's a great place to escape to."

"Hm." Was all else I said. Alice opened the door, which led into another room, "After you!" She held open the door, letting me walk through. Hesitantly, I walked into the room, my eyes widening. Only not in awe anymore.

Inkus hung on the roof, dangling in the air. The only thing that kept him from falling was the rope tied around their waist. They were battered up; bleeding a reddish-gray from all sorts of deep cuts, and bruised all over. Their gaze glimmered dully at the sight of me, "(Y/n)..? What- what are you doing here?"
I didn't answer, too in shock to form words.

I don't know what I was thinking when I agreed to follow Alice to her quarters. Actually, I do know. There's just so many reasons.
The fact that she was once so kind to me as a child, and the longing for that again, the curiosity to find out what the hell she meant by my family aren't who they seem, and the knowledge of knowing where her lair is, in case Bendy would need to know. But now as I'm thinking about it, watching Inkus's damaged body hanging, barely alive, I'm afraid I'll never see him again.
"Sickening, isn't it, but it must be done." Alice said behind me, her hands behind her back.
"What do you mean?!" I spun around to face her, anger rising inside me, "Killing is not necessary!! At this rate, you're just as bad as how you think the ink demon is!" I snapped, instantly regretting it. I should be careful with my words; this is similar to when I met Bendy, and when I opposed him, he snapped worse.

But instead of snapping, the angel simply frowned, "Perhaps to you," She admitted, "But you don't know what I've gone through."
"And you don't know what Bendy's gone through."
She went completely silent at that. Her gaze burned me like fire, then it softened as she changed the subject, "Well, enough talk of this. Would you like some soup?"
Reluctantly, I simply nodded.
She smiled sweetly and walked into another room, where I assume her kitchen was.

Inkus began to talk once she was gone, "(Y/n)!! Where's Bendy?"
I shrugged, "I don't know. We were at Bendy Land when I encountered Alice."
"You have to get out of here! You have to go find your boyfriend! You have to save y-" He immediately shut up when Alice came back,
"The soup is cooking. Now, while it cooks, do you want to know another secret?"
I looked at her wearily. Inkus was right, I need to get out of here. Panic began to rise in me. What did I get myself into.
"What is it?"
"Henry's not your father."

***

"WHERE'S (Y/N) MIKA!!" The ink demon roared, claws unsheathed as he pinned the corrupted toon cat to the wall, "WHERE IS SHE?!?!"
"I don't know Bendy," Mika sobbed, "I don't know!!!" She put her face in her hands.
Kipper watched it all, bandaging up their wounds silently. They were still at Bendy Land, where they remained until they were fit enough to continue their mission, which would take a full day of recover.
Apparently, while they were still battling Bertrum, (Y/n) disappeared, not to be found anywhere. Bendy looked through every eyes of every cutout he has in panic, and summoned a bunch of ink searchers to find her; but alas no sight of her. Kipper thinks the angel got ahold of her, but Bendy won't calm down enough for them to explain it to him.
Silly Ink demon. Violence will not get his (Y/n) back. And that was the truth. Both Mika and Kipper knew that, but Bendy didn't. He is, after all, a demon.

"Ink demon-"
"Don't fucking call me that!!" The ink demon spat at them, taking them aback.
"Ben..dy."
"What the FUCK do you want?!?"
"Calm the fuck down." New word learned and said. If he was going to curse at Kipper, they would cuss back.

Bendy breathed in deep, then exhaled loudly. Suddenly, he let go of Mika and burst into tears, "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I failed!!!" He sobbed, "I'm a horrible person."
"Of course. You no person, you demon."
Mika glared at Kipper, as Bendy sobbed even more, "That's not going to help, dumbass!"
Kipper looked down guiltily. Bendy began to hiccup, "No, Kipper's right. I'm a monster... I'll always be one."
"That's not true!" Mika protested.
"How the fuck can you say that and be serious?! I pinned you to a fucking wall, I was going to kill you!!" Bendy hissed, "I should've let Joey kill me all those years ago. None of this would be happening now!!"
Before Mika could say anything, Bendy clawed at his arm, "It's. All. My. Fault!" Black blood poured onto the floorboards, staining the floor with black.

Kipper and Mika watched as the demon broke down, glancing at each other with sympathy in their gazes.
Kipper's gaze then turned to Bendy, who curled up in a ball and buried his face in his knees, "No worry, we find (Y/n)."
"No we won't.." Bendy whispered out, "If we can't find her now, then we won't ever find her."
"Not true, you not thinking of enemy."
Bendy abruptly sat up, "You think the angel took her?" His gaze was intense.
Kipper nodded.
Bendy calmed himself down, slowly standing up. The lost one handed him bandages for his arm, to which he took gratefully.
He began to speak dully, "Rest now, you two. As soon as you wake, we're going into the angels territory."

***

"What?" I stared at the angel in shock, "No- no. You don't mean that, do you?" I was shaking slightly, "You-you don't mean it..."
All those memories of father. They're fake love, not real. Lasting until he took his last breath. No wonder my mother died with him. From what the angel says, they weren't my real parents. I'm not even sure if Jake's their son either.

"Oh, I mean it. Now, don't think Henry didn't love you like his own daughter- I'm sure he did. That's why I gave you to him. You'd be safest with him."
I looked up at her, her words hitting my heart more and more, "What-?"
"You couldn't tell?" Alice tilted her head and smiled gently, "I'm your mother."

((A/N;; this chapter is short because I plan to do a lot more in the other one- which is going to be Susie's origin!))