THIRTY-FIVE: The truth

Madness.
Everything Alice has told me is madness.
I listen to her numbly, not knowing what to make out of this. Half of what she's saying has only sank in just now, as her story has come to a close;
"After I watched Henry and Linda drive off with you, I didn't know what to do. I no longer had that happiness I had before; not until Henry returned to JoeyDrewStudios, that is. You were three when that happened." She smiled softly, "And the rest of it, you must know. Henry leaves again, the studio goes into debt, I get replaced. And then I fall into the same trap everyone else did. The ink got ahold of me, and the ink demon took my life into his claws. Do wanna know the horrors he put me through?"
I grew uneasy, "What did he put you through?" My voice was dull compared to hers. It sounded as if my whole world was being crushed. Because it was.

"He called me a TRAITOR! He said I was NO BETTER than Mister Drew! And then, with one touch, he made me IMPERFECT. He TORE out my eye. And then he left me for dead!!" She scowled out bitterly, her smile faded as she talked about Bendy.

"After that, I avoided him; watching his massacres at a safe distance. Once I grew as a someone here in this dump, we became enemies, but honestly I think we were enemies before. An ink demon is still a demon- no matter how kind he is at the beginning." She chuckled softly, her gaze gleaming, "Please remember that.. Don't get your heart twisted up with a demon."

"I-" Everything about this is madness. Pure insanity. It had to be. It just had to!
"No that's not true... none of this is true." That was all I could say, "Bendy's not a monster- he's not like anyone I've ever met."
"Don't let him fool you, (Y/n). He's still a monster, just like the rest of us. Everything I'm telling you is true."

Madness. Pure insanity.
"No! It can't be! Bendy's not a monster! I'm not your daughter! I-i Henry- dad's not a liar! He-he wouldn't lie! If I truly was adopted, he- both of them- would've told me!!" I began ranting, shaking my head in disbelief. Alice watched me, her gaze slightly concerned, "He didn't lie to you. No one did, but your father-"
"I've never even met my father-!" I snapped, "How the hell can he lie to me!" My whole body shook, "You lied to me! You lied to him! You lied to everyone just to get your way!"

Alice looked as if she's been crushed by a thousand collapsing buildings. Her expression was at first one of shock, then it contorted into one of anger, "I did what I did to protect you from him.." Her voice was shaky and her fists clenched.
I glared at her, as if trying to burn her with my hateful gaze, "I don't care."
With that, I turned around and left. Alice called my name behind me, but I didn't care. I didn't even know what I was doing, or where I was going- I should turn back. I should go and save Inkus and then we can go find Bendy.
Oh, why does it matter? Inkus is doomed to die in the angel's clutches. And I'm doomed a life of chaos and lies. Who cares if people are dying? Perhaps it's better that way. Perhaps they're truly being set free.

No! Don't think that way, (Y/n)!! But it's too late to turn back now.
Tears formed in my eyes, blinding me as I began to run. Run from this new reality, run from the truth.
My legs ached in pain and agony, but I didn't care. I was too hurt inside to care.

I watched who I though was my father die right in front of my eyes, and now I hear that Henry isn't my father to begin with. I loved him so much, and hated him for leaving me behind on this cruel earth, but it turns out I've been hating him for the wrong reason.
He lied to me. Him and Susie, and Linda. They all are liars!!!!

I let out a scream, suddenly punching a wall, taking my anger out. Nearby was an Alice plush laying on a table. I grabbed the plush and ripped it apart, still screaming in anger. Tears poured from my eyes like flowing rivers. I collapsed on the floor, curdling up in a small ball, holding the remnants of the Alice plush while sobbing.
I stayed like this for hours. Crying, more crying. My bones ached and everything hurt, but I didn't stop.
Until he came up to me.