34.5: Susie's origin

((Head up; if you skip this the rest of the story will be confusing- also warning, here and some other chapters are going to mention pregnancy))

Susie watched as her child stood in front of her. Never would she have thought this would be real. Never would she have thought she'd ever be able to see her (e/c) eyes ever again.
Her (e/c) eyes... so much like her father's.
"What-?"
"You couldn't tell? I'm your mother."

•••

Susie nervously stood in the elevator as it took her up to the music department. She fiddled with her fingers, her gaze staring off into the distance. She felt as though she needed a friend's advice, although some the friends she has at work are not as trustworthy as the music composer, Sammy Lawrence, who has grown to be her best friend, considering Norman passed away. Not that was good that Norman died, it just bonded the two even more- Susie, wanting to help her dear friend and Sammy, trusting only Susie.
Honestly she didn't think trusting her was good, but she didn't mind. I made her feel like quite a gal!

The elevator made a loud squeak as it ceased to a stop abruptly, catching Susie off-guard and making her bite her tongue. She winced slightly, a metallic taste filling her mouth.
A smell of cigar smoke filled the music department in a thin layer. There was the sound of a violin playing somberly, playing a slow, sad melody. Susie followed the smoke and the sound of music, which led her to where Sammy was. He sat in a chair, his hair messy and in a bun, cigarette in his mouth and a violin in his hands. A hum came from his mouth, although he didn't part his lips once to sing.

Susie watched the music director with sympathy, staying quiet until his song came to an end. As soon as Sammy put down his violin, the voice actress began to clap. Sammy looked up at her, his eyes wide with shock and fear, then he relaxed, "Susie... oh thank the lord it's just you." He commented.
She chuckled softly, "Did I scare you?" She put her hands on her hip.
He nodded, "You look lovely today." He commented.
All she was wearing was a black dress and tights with red lipstick. Honestly, she could've found something better, something more extravagant, but it meant a lot to hear her best friend comment her simple outfit, "You really think so?" Susie asked, tapping the bottom of her dress with two fingers, "I think it looks a little bland."

"Well, bland or not, you pull off every outfit," Sammy complimented her with his usual blank look, making her smile happily, her cheeks rosy.
"So what brings you here?" He asked, his gaze still blank.

What did bring her down here? Right!
"Guess who got a date?" She chimed, her eyes glimmering very brightly.
Sammy tried to match her energy, but he only sounded exhausted. It was something other than his usual expressionless tone, "You did. With who?"
"Mister Drew!"
Sammy's eyes widened, though Susie couldn't read his expression. It seemed close to horror, "O-oh wow- that's really something Susie." He murmured softly, smiling for his friend.
Susie beamed, "Isn't it? I'm so excited!"
"When is it?" He asked
"Tonight."
"Hm. Well, I'm happy for you, Susie."
"Thank you, Sam."

"Is this all you wanted to tell me?"
Susie chuckled softly, "Yeah. Well, besides work stuff." She crossed her arms, "A girl's gotta gossip to someone, Y'know?"
Sammy merely nodded, shrugging, "I guess so." He murmured.

The work day had come to an end. As it reached closer and closer to evening, Susie grew more and more nervous. Mr. Drew and her have been talking for quite awhile before actually going out, but it all still seems like a dream to Susie. Why would someone so successful want someone so simpleminded as Susie? Well, some would argue she is far from being simple, but deep down inside she knows the truth. She can hide her pain with a rough and sassy attitude, claim she has what she actually don't have, but anyone smart enough to see should know it's all just a ruse. Behind her mask is just another girl trying to live on this earth. And isn't that simple?
Susie thinks so. It's not miraculous like deciding to chase a music career or start an animation company with your childhood friend.