Chapter 6

[Phil's POV]

It's been 6 days since I saw him last and I don't know what to do.
I repeatedly watch his video, laughing at the way he forgot to edit his name into the video and cooing at his hair and his smile and eyes. I won't give feedback though, I know I'll say the wrong thing and come across gay.

My phone rings, I silently hope it's Dan.

"Phil?" It's mum.

"Yes?" I reply.

"I've got great news!"

"Okay? What is it?" I'm nervous for her reply.

"I'M MOVING TO AUSTRALIA!" She squeals through the phone.

"Great! I'll miss you though" I've always been close with my mother.

"Don't be silly" she laughs.

"I'm not, I really will miss you!" I whine, sounding pretty pathetic to be honest.

"Of course you are, you're coming with us, it'll-"

I don't wait for the end of her sentence. My phone drops to the floor and I'm left speechless. What about Dan? I hear my mum's muffled voice calling my name through the speakers.

"Sorry mum, I'm just surprised. That's all" my voice is shaky.

"Are you okay?" She asks, though she doesn't sound too interested.

"Yeah, of course"

"That's great dear, I've got to go. Steve's waiting" she sounds so pleased.

"Who's Steve?" I ask.

"My... friend" she replies awkwardly.

We sit in silence for a few minutes before mum wishes me a good night and hangs up. I sit and think about what's going on, trying to process her words.

--

"You're leaving me?" Dan asks, tears in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry..." I whisper, tears threatening to leave mine.

"But we... But I..." He doesn't finish before falling to his knees before me and putting his head in his hands.

"I'm so, so, so sorry..." I repeat, not daring to look at Dan incase I cry too.

"You can't leave me like this!" He sobs.

"I have no choice" I tell him, taking his chin in my palm and pushing his face up to look at me.

His tear stained cheeks are red and his eyes are full of pain and sadness. I kneel down to be at his level.

"I'm so sorry Dan. I don't know what to do" I let on tear fall down my cheek before leaning in and hugging him tightly.
His arms snake round my waist and we kneel on the street, crying into each other's arms.

"I'll miss you" I whisper into his neck.

"I'll miss you more" his hot breath is fanning my shoulder
.
"What should I do? I can't go..." I sob.

"... I love you too much"