Chapte 22

We climb on the rollercoaster and buckle up the straps. Phil has a huge grin, but I'm pretty nervous. A man comes up beside us and checks our buckles, I recognise him and I don't think it's a good reason why. He nods and steps off of the tracks, before the ride slowly edges forward. I see a ginger girl walk into the control room, I can't work out who from the back. Is it Emma? It can't be, why could she be here? The ride rushes forward and I shut my eyes. It's scary.

"WHOOO!" Phil shouts, he's enjoying it more then me. Suddenly the ride stops for no reason. Were thrown forward, if it wasn't for the straps we would have been thrown out of the cart and dropped 100 feet. I'm winded and my ribs hurt more then words can describe. My lungs are on fire as I try to scrape my breath back. What happened? Was it that girl? It couldn't be, could it?

"Dan?" Phil whispers, he can't breath either. I don't have the air to answer and I'm dizzy.

"Dan!" He half shouts, or tries to.

"I'm.. oka-" I'm cut short by a stabbing sensation in my chest. I let out a small cry and I hear Phil try to turn his body to see me.

"Dan? Are you okay?" He's worried.

"fine" is all I manage to say.

"There has been a fault in the control room, please stay seating and keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times" a voice echos.

I manage to gain air and my ribs are feeling slightly better.

"Are you alright Phil?" I ask.

"I'm fine" he reaches over and puts his hand on my knee. I rest my hand over his and sigh, how long will we have to sit here?

A few boys behind us start singing a song I know, but don't quite remember the name.

'Put on your war paint
You are a brick tied to me, that's dragging me down
Strike a match that'll burn you to the ground.
We are the Jack-O-Lanterns in July
Setting fire to the sky'

I remember, Fall Out Boy! It must be The Phoenix.

"Sing along, Phil" I smirk.

"What? No!"

"I am" I tell him and carry on singing. By this time they're nearly on the chorus.

'Dance alone to the beat of your heart
Aye, young blood
Doesn't it feel,
Like the time is running out
I'm gonna change you,
Like a remix
Then I'll raise you,
Like a Phoenix'

I'm really getting into this. Phil starts singing too, finally.

'Wearing all vintage, misery
No, I think it looked a little better on me
I'm gonna change you,
like a remix,
Then I'll raise you,
like a Phoenix'

After a few more songs, the ride carries on. We're thrown forward. 'The war is won before it's begun' keeps repeating in my head. I'm shaking as I step off of the rollercoaster, but Phil is beaming.

"Let's go look at the photos, shall we?" Oh no, I forgot about the photo it takes half way around the ride.

"Erm, sure?" I say, nervously. We make our way to the exit and tell the photo guy our number. He brings up our photo.

Oh.

My.

Nachos.

Phil looks stunning, his jet black hair pushed flat against his forehead, his electric blue eyes are full of life and excitement, his pink lips are in a huge smile. I, on the other hand, look terrible. My hair is pushed straight up, in a mohawk-like fashion and my eyes are screwed shut. My mouth is in a perfect O. I hear the photo guy laugh.

"Excuse me, can you not laugh at my boyfriend like that?" Phil defends me. Why is it always Phil that helps me out of these situations?

"Sorry bro" he winks. Phil grabs my waist and we walk speedily out of that ride.

"You did look pretty funny, to be honest" he laughs. I elbow him in the ribs, lightly, obviously. He brings a hand to where I elbowed him and his face twists in pain, making me think for a second I actually hurt him, before he laughs.

"Meany" he mutters, his bottom lip sticking out. I laugh and bring my finger up to push his lip back, but before I can, Phil snatches forward and bites the end of my finger.

"It's my turn now, meany!" I retort. He looks up and stops.

"THE BUBBLE WORKS!" He screams, and runs forward into a big, pink building, leaving me standing in confusion.

[A/N I KNOW THE PHOENIX WASNT OUT IN 2009 PLEASE USE YOUR IMAGINATION, thanks so much for 958  reads, ilygsm :3x]