Chapter 19

[Dan's POV]

"Hello?" Georgie picks up on the second ring.

"Hello, it's Dan" I tell her.

"Hey Dan, are you okay?" she asks.

"Yeah. I was wondering if you want to meet up today? I can't get hold of Phil" I don't know what he's doing, and I'm pretty jealous. I didn't think I'd be the jealous type.

"Sure, is it alright if Lou's there too?"

We agree on a time and place before hanging up. At 3, I make my way to the bench I first met her at, to see her and a black haired girl sitting together, hand in hand. I'm guessing it's Lou. She's really not what I expected. Shoulder length black hair, tattoos, ears stretched, all black clothes.

"Hi" I finally say.

"Hey" Georgie says, turning to face me.

"You alright?" Lou asks.

"Yeah" I smile and sit next to them.

"So why did you want to meet up?" Georgie asks.

"I can't get hold of Phil and there's no where else for me to go or anyone else for me to meet" I shrug.

"You can't get hold of him?" Her eyebrow raises.

"Yes, I've called and called. I left a few texts too" saying it out loud makes me sound so desperate and pathetic.

"When did you last see him?" she asks, leaning into Lou.

"The day before yesterday, we were swimming and then he just ran off for no reason"

"You were swimming?" Lou smirks.

"Yes, we were"

"Shut up Louisa!" Georgie playfully slaps her.

"My names Lou!" She grunts, then goes quiet again.

---

[Phil's POV]

"Thanks" I smile, as I walk out of the door.

"No problem, come back any time" Stevie winks, then shuts the door.

I need to go to Dan, I need to tell him something. I pull out my phone and find multiple missed calls and a couple of texts, all from Dan.

'Hey'

'Where are you?'

'Why aren't you picking up my calls? Are you okay?'

I call him back but he doesn't pick up. Just great. Where is he? I look up and see someone in black jeans and a leather jacket. She has curly ginger hair and lots of freckles, she looks familiar? I watch as she puts her earphones in and starts to cross the road. A red car turns the corner at top speed.

"Get out of the road!" I call, but she doesn't hear me due to the music.

As the car approaches her she turns and a horrified look fills her face. It's too late though, and she's hit. The driver doesn't get out, he just hits his horn and goes around her. The girl is on the floor and not moving. I rush over to her, what do I do? There's no blood? I see another car coming so I lift her up bridle style and rush to the side of the road. I sit next to her and call an ambulance. As we wait, I check her pulse, that's what you're meant to do, right? It seems okay. I put her head on my knee and wait for help.