Chapter 31!

[ THE FIRST PARAGRAPH MAY BE TRIGGERING XX ]

Dan's POV:

I don't eat properly for about two weeks. I just stay curled in my bed. I only move to go to the bathroom, then I go back to the exact same position. My mum will bring me two meals a day, and she'll leave my lunch in the microwave, because she's not there to make it. She was so, so kind and understanding. I couldn't ask for a better mum. I still didn't eat the food though, as good as it looked. I didn't have the energy nor willpower to lift the food to my mouth. Is this what depression feels like? I really don't like this feeling, whatever it is. I lost about 6 pounds in two weeks. I'm not even proud, I'm more disgusted at myself.

Mum would occasionally knock on the door quietly and come in to just stroke my hair and talk about nothing. Absolutely random nonsense, she would talk about. But for some reason, it was oddly comforting.

Two weeks after the incident, I hear my someone knocking at my door. Assuming it's just my mum, I barely grunt, letting her know I'm okay for her to come in.

"Dan?" A little voice says, such a shaky little voice. I sit up slowly, for the first time in weeks to talk to someone. My eyes go wide in surprise when I see the tiny person standing at my bedroom door. She has tears in her eyes and she looks tired.

"Dan!" Sally says, before bursting into tears. She just stands in the doorway, sobbing her little heart out.

What would Phil do?

As much as it pains my to think of him, I really need to do whatever Phil would do, he's so good at coping with Sally.

"Shh, it's okay" I whisper, pushing myself out of bed and walking over to her, taking her in my arms, rubbing her hair gently. "It's okay Sally, what's the matter?"

"I thought you were going to leave us, like Lou did. That was painful to witness, so, so painful. I couldn't bear to lose you too" she sobs into my shirt, of which I haven't changed in about 3 days. Gross, I know. She giggles suddenly and I smile at the high pitched sound.

"What?" I ask, pulling away from our hug.

"You smell funny" she laughs again.

"Well I'm sorry, Captain Obvious"

"Calm it, Sargent Sarcastic" she giggles at her comeback. I roll my eyes and make my way back over to my bed. Her smile instantly falls.

"No!" She cries and grabs my arm "don't go back to bed, I don't want to lose you again!" She says, more tears threatening to make an unwanted appearance.

"I'm just making it up" I smile, pulling at the covers to straighten them out.

"I'm going now, Emma's waiting in the car for me. Just remember though, if you truly love someone, you'll let them go.
If they were truly your's though, they'll be back.. One way or another"

With that, Sally walks out of the room, leaving me deep in thought. Deep confusion.

There has to be a way.