Chapter 11

[Dan's POV]

"Do you want to film a video?" Phil asks.

Wow. He just kissed me and now we're making a video.

"Okay" I nod.

--

After half an hour of filming and a lot of redrawing cat whiskers and laughing around the floor, we decide to wrap it up.

"This is the most fun I've ever had" I smile before Phil leaps on me, pushing my back to the floor.

He starts kissing my forehead and I giggle.

I giggle.

No.

This is not High School Musical! I am not Troy Bolton!

wait, forget the last sentence. I am.

Anyway.

"Phil! We're filming!" I remind him.

"Oh yeah, sorry" he awkwardly smiles, getting off me.

"I better be getting home now" I laugh.

"Okay, your mum'll be worried. I keep forgetting how old you are..." He tries to make a joke of it. I laugh, even though Phil looks really awkward.

"Bye" I smile and hug him. Phil hesitates but does hug back. We stand awkwardly hugging for about 5 minutes, neither of us wanting to let go of the other.

--

This scene plays through my mind all night and I don't know what else to think about.

Why did Phil find it so awkward?

Was it because I'm only 18 and Phil's 22?

Does that even matter?

I decide to call Phil to see what he's thinking. He picks up on the 3rd ring.

"YES YOU WILL!" A muffled woman's voice screams.

"This isn't a great time to talk" Phil says, sounding urgent.

"Okay. Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. But I really need to go"

"But earlier, you know when you-"

"DAN, I HAVE TO GO!" He half shouts.

What's going on? Is he okay?

"Okay, bye Phil"

"Bye Dan, love you" he says the last part really quietly. Does he not want someone to hear? Where is he?

"LOVE YOU?" Someone shouts on the other end of the line.
There's a screaming match, but I can't quite work out what they were saying.

"I'M 22! I CAN DO WHAT I WANT AND I CAN LOVE WHO I WANT!"

"NO YOU CANNOT! LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER!" a man shouts.

"I WILL NOT LISTEN TO MY MUM!" Phil shouts back "I LOVE DAN AND THERE'S NOTHING, I MEAN NOTHING, YOU CAN DO ABOUT THAT!"

My heart nearly does a backflip. Does he really mean that?
I hear a loud slap and Phil's phone is dropped. What happened?
I hear Phil's mum scream and Phil cry in pain.

"Listen to your mother next time" I hear the man say through clenched teeth.

What happened to Phil? Is he alright? If that man hurt Phil I will personally murder him. I hear another scream from Phil and everyone goes quiet apart from his mum's hushed sobs.

"Phil! Phil where are you?" I shout through the phone.

No one answers so I hang up and go on his Twitter. The last known location was somewhere in 'Ellis Green'. I rush to find my shoes and a coat and make my way to the door.