Chapter 14

[Dan's POV]

I scan the crowds for a curly brunette, walking around the whole shopping centre. I have no luck, even after circulating it twice. A black haired man comes into sight, and I recognise him instantly.

The guy that was with Peej the day Phil punched him. An ache comes to my chest as I think of Phil. I try to stop myself crying by biting the inside of my cheek as I make my way over to the guy... I think his name's Chris or Christopher, something like that. When I'm next to him I start to speak.

"Erm, hi. Do you know where 'Peej' is?" I ask.

"Yeah" he says, he doesn't look at me though.

"Where?" I ask, my voice getting higher in hope that he can help.

"In there" he points to a Nike shop. Rich git.

"Thanks so much" I nod and smile, before running into the shop. I search through the aisles of trainers before finding him looking at black Nike Airs. When he sees me rushing towards him I see worry in his bruised eyes, probably scared Phil would be here. 'Don't think about Phil' I order myself.

"Fancy seeing you here" he smirks, when he realises I'm alone.

"Well I am, I need a favour" I ask.

"Like I'd help you"

"De mir e mustin!" I scoff, it's Danish.

"What?" He asks.

"Don't worry, I just need help"

"What do you need?" He generally seems concerned now.

"Help me?" I whisper.

"Is everything okay?" He asks, his eyebrows furrowing together.
"Yes, no, everything's fine except Phil" I look at the floor, not wanting to break down in front of him.

"Is he hurt?" I don't know why he cares, with the bruises around his eyes and the bandage over his nose that were inflicted by Phil.

"Sort of"

"Tell me on our way" he smiles and walks towards the exit. My jaw drops to the floor. Why is he helping me? I don't ask twice as I jog to catch up with him. On the way to the hospital I give him the story of how Phil ended up at the hospital and what happened when he woke up.

"So what do you want me to do?" Peej asks, taking in all of he information he has just been told.

"I want to see if he remembers you" I tell him.

"Why?"

"If he remembers you, and the thing that happened..." I try not to be too harsh about the fight "...maybe he'll remember why, then he'll remember me?" It sounds like a pathetic idea saying out loud.

"Worth a try" he shrugs.

Peej isn't actually too bad, he listened to my story like a best friend would, giving me advise during the telling. We walk into the ward and I feel like being sick, the memory of earlier dancing around my mind. Telling Peej and Georgie wasn't half as hard as coming back. I should probably text Georgie to make sure she's okay. 'Hey, you alright?' I type and put my phone back in my pocket and look up at Phil. My heart sinks at the sight of him. He looks amazing in the tight jeans and pizza shirt he's wearing. Phil was all mine at one point, but it's gone, with his memory.

"Hello Phil" I smile nervously.

"Hey, Dan, isn't it?" I nod "who's this?" he smiles at Peej.
"I'm PJ, you might remember me from a few weeks ago" PJ's a lot more confident then me.
"I don't recall" he looks deep in thought, before he smiles "yes! You were at the shopping centre, I went with someone, didn't I?" Phil goes back to thinking.
"You went with Dan, then you beat me up" he laughs, gesturing to his face "do you remember?"
"I think so" he slowly nods.
"Do you know why you hit me?" PJ asks, he's so good at this.
"Hmm.. Wasn't it about someone?" He then laughs "I remember, Dan! You said something to Dan, didn't you?"
"Yes, I did. Do you remember what I said?" He presses on.
"This is too many questions" a woman behind me orders, I turn to see that sour idiot from earlier, Nurse Stevie.
"It's fine" Phil smiles at her, making me feel a pang of jealousy "you called us gay, and I couldn't stand it, you were being horrible to..." his eyes light up at the memory, then he smiles "Dan"
"You remember?" I smile awkwardly in hope.
"Yeah" he steps forward and hugs me.
"Gay" PJ laughs, and I glare at him "joking" he smiles, arms in the air. I hold Phil tighter then I've ever hugged anyone before. It feels amazing to have him back.
"Missed you" I whisper into his neck.
"Why? We had a thing going!" Stevie whines.
"Like I'd ever date you" Phil laughs at the thought. The nurse huffs, but soon gets over it as she places her hand on PJ's chest and whispers something to him, making his face scrunch up.
"Get off me" he orders, clearly grossed out.
"Thanks so much PJ!" I say, as I let go of Phil reluctantly.
"It's cool" he breaths.
"Sorry about your face" Phil laughs, then takes my hand in his. "We should all go, it's been a long weekend"
"I need to go home" I tell him when we get to his house.
"At this time of night? It's nearly 11pm! I'll walk you back"
"I'm an adult" I laugh.
"I worry about you though" my stomach flutters at his words.
"You've had a long day, you don't need to worry about me" I assure him.
"Stay?" he looks at me innocently, it's so cute my heart melts.
"Sure" I give him a small smile and follow him inside.
"I'll have the couch" I tell him, making my way to the white
sofa in the centre of the room.
"No you won't" he grabs my waist before I go any further and leads me to his room "I asked you to stay with me"
I don't know what to say so I just nod. I don't have any clothes to sleep in! Phil must have thought the same thing, because he gives me a purple shirt and some shorts that have never been worn. The shirt smells of him and it's wonderful. Phil makes his way over to the bed and I watch him nervously. He holds out his arms at me, smiling so naively. It's adorable really. I make my way over to him and lay in his arms. I didn't realise how tired I was until I lay my head down on his chest. My eyes are weighed down and I'm about to fall asleep when I feel Phil run his thumb along my chin.
"I'm so sorry for forgetting. I love you so much Dan, good night love" my heart is on fire as I drift off.