Chapter 24

[Phil's POV yassss!]

"I have an idea!" Emma tells us, after Dan and I explain the whole Australia dilemma.

"Yes?" I ask her, what could possibly make this work?

"Dan comes with you" she shrugs, as if it's nothing.

"That's... Genius" Dan whispers. I glare at him, almost as if to say 'you idiot' with my eyes.

"And how would that work?" I question him.

"Easily, get tickets, get on plane, fly to Australia, bam! Life goals" he smiles, after doing lots of strange hand gestures.

"I guess" I shrug, before Nurse Stevie walks in the room.

"What do you want?" Dan snarls, but I grab his hand, which seems to calm him down a little.

"It's past visiting time, all of you need to get the fu-.. go away" she corrects herself when she sees Sally.

"Okay" I smile politely, before pulling Dan by the hand out of the hospital ward, down the corridor and out of the front gates.

"Fucking bitch" he huffs.

"Dan!" I exclaim, "Sally's here!"

"Ah yeah" he sighs "sorry, I just hate that twatbag"

I raise my eyebrows at his remark. "Twatbag?"

He just shrugs before telling me "I have to go home, mum will be worried".

He doesn't wait for a reply, as he leaves me alone on the busy street.

--

[Dan's POV] [TRIGGER WARNING]

I get the train back to my house, and walk the short distance from the station. Outside of my door, I unexpectedly find Georgie. Except it doesn't look like Georgie..?

Her blue eyes, once full of life, now appear grey as they are sunken back into her blue rimmed eyes. Her cheekbones are a lot more defined. You can see her collar bones under her Pierce The Veil vest, which shows how pale she is. The shirt is black and she's almost pure white. Her arms are almost twig-like and her legs are inches apart. What happened?

"Georgie?" I ask, slowly stepping towards her. She doesn't reply, she doesn't even move.

"Georgie?" I repeat, crouching beside her.

"Oh, hey Dan" she half smiles, though it looks so sad.

"Are you okay?" That was a stupid question.. I think to myself

"No, not really" she says as a stray tear runs down her hollowing cheek.

"Talk to me" I smile and sit next to her, ready for a story I didn't expect to hear.

"Lou.. My Lou.. She's gone. She found someone else, another girl. Someone less crazy, less obsessive. Less like me.. She's gone" Georgie burst out crying, and I - being as awkward as I am - didn't know what to do, so I just rubbed her back gently. "She left me for that bitch! She didn't even say goodbye. I'm so, so mad at her. I loved her so damn much! She was my world. I gave her everything. Anyway, since then.. I've become lost, lonely. I had no family, other then her. I had no home, other than in her arms. I had everything with her, even if it wasn't an object. It was more.. Her love was everything to me"

"I'm sure she felt the same about you, at least before.." I say, unsure of whether they're the right words. I know the last bit was unnecessary, but deathly accurate. The way she looks up at me admirably shows me it was at least helpful, in a weird way.

"I've found no way to control this pain, other then in drugs. But I don't know if I can take it anymore. I don't eat, I don't drink, I don't have a home, I spend all of my money on drugs. And I can't take it anymore. Here, take this" she hands me a small piece of paper, folded up "read it when I leave, not now"

We talk for a little while longer about random things. She tells me about her favourite memories, most containing Lou. I never knew how much that girl meant to her, but I guess you never know how much you love something until it's gone.

When Georgie leaves some hours later, she promises me she'll go to a hotel with the money I gave her. I go to my room and lay on my bed with the paper she gave me.

Dear Dan,

I'm going now. I have to. I don't have any reason not to. I don't look forward to my days on this earth. A happy person wakes up everyday, looking forward to every second. I dread it. I dread my time wandering alone. With just my thoughts.

By the time you read this, I'll be gone. I'll be at the place I need to.

I'll be dead.

I'm following Lou, I can't live without her. I can't do it. I'm so sorry. I love you Dan, but Lou is my world, my universe, my everything. I can't live without her. I can't.

I can't.

Goodbye Dan,

Georgie.

How could someone so happy, so positive, so lovely, turn so sad, so negative, so.. lonely. I can't imagine not seeing any light in the world. Without Phil. No, I can't imagine a world without Phil.

I see her pain now.