[ 43 ]

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
- RUN FOR YOUR LIFE -
───── ⋆♡⋆ ────

Jiwoo walked through the corridors of the police station, heading for the exit. She had been acquitted and not convicted of murder. Instead, it is now registered as self-defense and all suspects are arrested.

So now she was freed, freed from all the obstacles and troublesome things in her life. She could finally pick up her own old life like before.

Fortunately, most stories have a happy ending, so Jiwoo's story must have a happy ending now too. After all the misfortunes, she is finally at the point of growing old and ending life happily, like in fairy tales.

After all, fairy tales also have good times and bad times, so you can actually compare it to them.

Jiwoo finally arrived at the exit and pushed the door open. It was already evening. The moon was in the sky and a few small stars twinkled around it. She looked up at the sky and smiled.

Something as beautiful as this she needed a moment to unwind, to catch her breath.

The evening wind blew through her hair and collided with her body. For a moment she forgot all she had been through and enjoyed the moment.

She enjoyed it even more when she suddenly felt two arms slide around her waist that grabbed her tightly and hugged her. His breath could be felt on her neck.

Jiwoo giggled softly as Sunghoon slowly moved back and forth with her. It almost looked like they were dancing together.

"You were acquitted?" Sunghoon asked as he gave Jiwoo a kiss on the back of her head.

"Mhm..." Jiwoo hummed in response. "I am officially no longer a murderer from now on."

"I'm glad of that," Sunghoon said smiling as he turned Jiwoo around and grabbed her hand. He interlocked their fingers. Jiwoo smiled. "Let's go to my house so you can sleep there," Sunghoon continued. "It's already late."

Jiwoo nodded up and down in agreement.

Hand in hand, the couple walked to the end of the street where there was a bus stop and waited there for the bus to take them home.

Finally, peace and quiet.

-

Jake took a step forward, intending to run after his friend who just ran away to look for Jiwoo, but stopped after the very first step when he heard Jay continue talking to himself, just like he did before.

His eyes widened in shock.

"She was dead! How is she still alive?" Jay continued, whispering, but loud enough for Jake to overhear it. "I have to kill her before it's too late..."

Jake froze in place in fear. His hands began to shake and his skin turned pale from shock. His head began to spin and it felt like he was about to pass out.

Jay wanting to kill Jiwoo? What does he have against Jiwoo?!

Suddenly, footsteps sounded. Since there was no one but Jay and Jake himself in this room and he himself was frozen in place, it could be no one but the traitor.

"Shit," Jake scolded under his breath as he quickly wanted to take a step forward, making it look like he would be lost in the police station, but accidentally bumped into the wall, causing a loud noise.

Jay, who was on his way out of the room, was startled by the bang he heard and stopped in his tracks. "Who's there!" Jay shouted loudly. His voice echoed through the room a few times.

Jake widened his eyes and quickly turned around. He quickly ran away, making his footsteps audible.

Jay quickly ran towards the sound and looked down the hallway. At the end of the hallway, he saw someone running, but he was just too far away to clearly see who he was. Also, the person's back was turned toward Jay, making his face unrecognizable.

"FUCK!" Jay shouted angrily as he kicked the bench next to the room he was just standing in. The person who just ran away had heard everything he said.

Because of him, Jay would now be in trouble and might even get fired from his job.

Quickly the boy ran after the person who fled at the fastest speed he could achieve. He had to catch him no matter what before he could even tell him anything.

Because no matter what, he had to keep his job and make sure he could arrange everything the way he wanted it and keep it that way.

No one could stop him now, he was already caught off guard.

He has become disturbed.

How can someone change from a police officer to a murderer?

Who knows what he is capable of and who knows how many murders he will actually commit?

Nobody knows and nobody would even find out.
Indeed, it's all possible if you have the skills of a secret agent, who can stay undercover, spy, flee, fight and much more.

He is unstoppable and unbeatable.

Once he's turned on, you have no chance of surviving in this game.

So run, Jake.

Run for your life if you still want to save them.