Job Interview

RYUJIN

I ran out of my house with my pants not even zipped and my toothbrush hanging out of my mouth. I don't understand how every freaking day I wake up early but when it comes to the time I have to wake up early I never do. I got into my car and looked at myself in the rearview mirror. My hair was a mess and there was toothpaste on the side of my mouth. I groaned as I spit the toothpaste out of the window and grabbed a baby wipe that was in my car and wiped my face.

I had a job interview today and my alarm didn't go off. Either that or I forgot to set it.

Not important.

I put my toothbrush in the glove department deciding to buy a new one on the way back. I fixed my zipper and then looked down at myself. Good enough. I started my car and made my way to the building.

Hi, my name is Shin Ryujin, I am 24, I live in a mediocre apartment. I just finished college about a few months ago. I am not really a social butterfly but I will be if I have to. I was born in Busan and I have been in foster care my whole life. How did I manage to get the money to go to college? I still don't know. I have always worked my ass off and I am an overachiever, and I'm proud of it. As far as I know, the main reason my parents gave up was because of a member that lives in my pants. I was born intersex and I don't have one problem with it. But some people do. And unfortunately two of those people turned out to be my parents.

The job that I applied for was to be an assistant to a woman who I admire a lot. I've read all her books and each and every one of them makes me feel inspired to do something with my life.

I gave my application to one of the secretaries months ago and never got a call so I just assumed that I didn't get it. So whenever I did get a call last night you wouldn't be able to imagine my excitement. But then my alarm had to be an ass so now I'm about five minutes late.

I pulled up to the large and fancy building and took a deep sigh. I don't know why I'm getting all excited about this because I don't even know if I'm going to get the job or not.

I shook my head of the negative thoughts and got out of my car. I grabbed my phone and stuck it into my back pocket. I was wearing black jeans and a buttoned up light blue blouse. It's casual but not too casual.

I walked into the building and was amazed with everything. The place was so...hell I can't even explain it. The atmosphere was calming and I felt welcome. Which I guess was kind of the point.

I walked around for about two more minutes lost as hell and getting more irritated seeing as I'm already late. "Are you lost?" I turned around to see a man holding a drink in his hand and smiling at me. I chuckled and looked down.

"Is it that obvious?" He laughed and shrugged his shoulders.

"Maybe I can help. What are you looking for?"

"Oh it's nothing. I just have never actually seen her have an assistant. Well her office is on the top floor. Your interview will probably be up there." I thanked him and walked to the elevator.

The elevator was all glass so as I rose I looked over the entire building which was amazing. As they stopped I stepped out and looked at the place. It looked kind of the same but with less people. I walked around until I found the receptionist. I walked up to the brunette and smiled. She looked at me and smiled back. "Hi, I had an interview today." She nodded her hand and stood up while holding out her hand.

"Hi, my name is Lia." I took her hand.

"Ryujin." I pulled my hand away and watched as she sat back down. She looked back at me and squinted her eyes. I looked around awkwardly trying to avoid her stare.