Presents

RYUJIN

Today is Valentine's day and more importantly my birthday and I couldn't be more happy. I know Yeji and Lia are planning something for me and it is killing me not knowing what it is. I know that Yeji has been telling me to stop doing things for her because she doesn't know how to repay me. To be fair all I do is make her food and constantly remind her how beautiful she is. Apparently not many people have done that for her and it kills me to know that.

She is very close to finishing her book and I am very happy about it. I read most of it already but I haven't seen the ending. She told me she's waiting for the right moment to show me which doesn't make sense but I try not to put much thought into it.

At work I want to say we remain professional but that would be a lie. Everyday she calls me into her office so she can kiss me until I can't breathe and I don't mind it one bit. Lia keeps telling me she has never seen Yeji this happy in her life and that makes me happy. Well not the part about her not being happy but knowing that I am the reason for that smile.

I know she is married and everyday somewhere in the back of my head I remind myself of that, but I try so hard not to focus on that. Yeonjun will come back one day and either she will go back to him and maybe still be with me, or maybe she might just forget me completely because she doesn't want to look at me everyday and realize I made her feel things she thought she never could. Many things.

Hell, I may even just quit. Which I don't want to do because I do love working here.

Anyway, Lia and Yeji left to go do something and I was just here bored as hell. It is Valentine's Day so I could get her something. She told me not to but I don't ever listen. I shrugged my shoulders seeing as I had nothing else to do and grabbed my jacket and phone and left the building.

I didn't have my car so I ended up walking, which I don't mind because I love seeing new things. I had no destination in mind hoping that the perfect present would just pop up. After about five minutes of walking I saw a pet shop across the street. I looked both ways and then ran across and into the store.

The sound of dogs barking, cats meowing and fish fishing filled my ears. Shut up, it makes sense.

I looked around and saw a sign that said petting is allowed. I smiled very happily as I looked around. I saw a cat that was small and cute but as soon as I walked up to it, it hissed at me and looked like the devil took over its body. I hissed back and quickly backed away and went back to looking around.

After about a few minutes I saw a group of dogs I couldn't help but petting. They were behind a gate thing so I reached my hand over and started petting them. What caught my attention though was one of the dogs stayed in the back.

It had black fur, a cute face and was a baby. I tried to get its attention but all the other dogs just kept following me. I sighed as I stepped over the gate and went over to the small one. I slowly picked it up and it started crying and I put him...I lifted it up to check...I put her against my chest.

"It's okay baby." I put her over my shoulder and instead of putting her head down he looked at me. His eyes were a dark green, making me smile to myself. "I am most definitely getting you."

But it turns out getting a dog is a very long process and a lot of money. About the time I was finished I had spent twice as much as my rent used to cost. It was a little frustrating but he was worth it. I walked out of the store with a cute puppy and two bags filled with things for her.

I looked at my watch as I crossed the street to see it was after five. Lia and Yeji should be back by now. When I was on the other side of the road I continued to walk and took out my phone. My eyes widened a little once I saw how many times Yeji and Lia called me. I started to panic that there was a problem and picked up my speed.