Dinner Date

YEJI

I watched as she walked into her office without even giving me a glance. She looked frustrated but also calm which is something I have mastered throughout my lifetime. Lia smiled at her and she smiled back and then disappeared behind her office doors. I looked over at Lia and she looked at me. She then gestured with her head for me to go after her but I shook my head.

She needs to have a minute to herself without me bothering her. I went to go back into my office but I felt something hit my back. I turned around and looked down. I looked back at Lia. "Did you seriously just throw a pencil at me?" She just smirked and then pointed her finger towards her office.

I groaned and just shook my head. I closed my door and slowly walked towards her office. I took a deep breath and knocked on her door and then opened it. I really need to learn how to wait for people to say 'come in'. I'm not really one to wait for people to tell me what to do, nor do I ever let people tell me what to do.

Once I was in I closed the door behind me and saw her typing on her computer. She didn't say anything but she knew I was in here. "Miss Shin." She looked up at me but didn't move her head and kept typing on her computer. "I wanted to apologize for my actions the other day." She kept staring at me as if she was trying to read me. At some point she just gave up and looked back at her computer.

"Ok." Was all she said. Not going to lie, that kind of hurt. I sighed and cleared my throat while putting my hands together in front of me.

"I would like to make it up to you by taking you to dinner."

"I have plans." She quickly responded, still, without looking at me. I bawled my hands into a fist but tried to calm down. I can't be mad at anyone but myself.

"What exactly are those plans?" I asked. She sighed as if she was annoyed.

"Finding someone who I can-" She stopped talking and then looked up at me as if she just realized who she was talking to. "Never mind."

"Then will you join me for dinner tonight?" This time she actually stopped typing and looked at me. She then looked away from me and bit her bottom lip while shaking her head. She closed her laptop and leaned forward on her desk.

"You're asking me to dinner because you feel sorry for what you did, we go to dinner, you get drunk, you say something you're going to regret, we do something we're both going to regret, then the next day you push me away mentally and physically. I don't need it to happen more than once to know the cycle we're headed in." I scratched the side of my neck and she squinted her eyes at me.

"Fine. It's mandatory." At this she rolled her eyes. A small smile cracked on my lips.

"In that case, is Lia going?" My smile went down a little but I nodded my head.

"Yes. Be ready at 7. I'll be there to pick you up." I turned to walk away.

"If Lia suddenly 'cancels' at the last minute I'm not coming." She yelled after me and I just mentally groaned because that was my plan. I walked out of her office and towards mine.

"You're coming to dinner with me." I said as I passed Lia. She didn't even question me on it and just agreed.

***

I smoothed down my dress for the last time and looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a tight black dress and there was that small voice in the back of my head telling me I was doing too much but I didn't really care.