Sober Thoughts

YEJI

I woke up today with the world's biggest headache. My mind was so numb, I didn't even know what to think. I stretched out my arms and realized I was alone. I opened my eyes to see I was laying down in a bed in a room I didn't recognize at all. I'm not going to lie, I started to panic a little. I tried to recall anything that happened last night but nothing seemed to stand out.

I slowly got out of the bed while holding my head. I stood up and looked around the room. It was actually quite nice. It gave a gray atmosphere, not like sadness, and depressing. But more like a rainy day type vibe. There was a picture hanging up above the wall that looked a little weird, but I'm guessing whoever lives here is an art person.

I walked around opening a door to see it was a bathroom. The bathroom had the same decoration as the room. I looked in the mirror to see little dark circles under my eyes.

I looked around to see a brush but decided not to use it seeing that I still don't know where I am. I took the ponytail out of my hair and let my hair fall down. I ran my fingers through it and groaned as I felt my head pounding.

I walked out of the room and down the hall to see a big window. I looked out of it to see the sun rising. It was really nice and pretty and I was in awe. I looked down to see I was on one of the top floors. I stopped looking though once the pounding in my head came back.

I decided it was finally time to see who was here. I continued walking until I was in what looked like the living room. I saw some covers and a pillow telling me someone slept on the couch. Honesty that kind of settled my nerves. All of a sudden the memory of Ryujin came to my head. We went out for Pizza. I walked further into the room and then turned the corner to see someone standing in the kitchen making coffee. She had her back to me so she was unaware I was here.

She then turned around and jumped a little once she saw me. "Oh hey, morning." She said as she turned around and grabbed a bottle of water. She then handed me two pills and the water. "If my headache was bad I can't even imagine how yours is." She said with a little chuckle. I nodded my head and took the pills and the water and swallowed it.

"What happened last night?" I asked while sitting down on a stool. I watched as her eyes kind of did a thing, making me a little worried.

"Nothing really. We went out for pizza, got a little drunk, and you told me to take you back to my place so I did and I let you sleep on my bed and I slept on the couch." She didn't make eye contact with me while she was talking, making me think she wasn't telling the truth. Or at least the whole truth.

"Did I say anything?" This is when she looked at me.

"Not much. When we were eating we just told some stuff about ourselves, nothing too personal." I could tell she was telling the truth this time.

"Are you positive I said nothing stupid?" I asked a little more demandingly. I watched as she closed her eyes as if a shiver ran down her spine. She sipped on her drink and leaned forwards on the table.

"You might have said you wished you were married to me instead of your husband." She said without making eye contact with me. Honestly I wasn't that fazed by it. I say a lot of dumb things when I'm drunk. But according to Lia, drunk words are sober thoughts.

I hummed in response and drank the coffee she handed to me. As soon as the liquid hit my tongue I moaned in satisfaction. I looked up to see her staring at me. She looked away once I caught and cleared her throat. "So about this trip. When exactly is it?" I took another sip of my drink and then put it down. I crossed my arms and leaned forward a little.