Strawberries

RYUJIN

I stood there looking in the mirror in the bathroom at my reflection. After Yeji got back, the awkwardness was just too much for me. So it turns out. That's Yeji's family. And the redhead is her sister. Which I find weird because I thought she was married and yet she was eyeing me like a piece of meat. Or not. I don't know. I tend to see things. But anyway, her mother told me to leave and then Yeji told me to stay. And then they had about a twenty second staring contest so I just decided to go fix everyone's breakfast.

But then I had to use the bathroom.

I was a little scared to go back out there but I knew I needed to. But I need a plan. I know Yeji can't stand her family and they make her feel all insecure so I need backup. An idea popped into my head and I grabbed my phone out of my back pocket. I dialed her number and she picked up on the last ring. "Hey Lia. I need your help."

"With what?" She doesn't know I'm staying with Yeji and this probably isn't the best way to tell her.

"Um you're going to be upset seeing how our last conversation went. But can you come over to Yeji's. Like. Now." The phone went silent a bit and I was scared she was getting ready to yell. I love Lia so much it scares me. I have never looked for anyone's approval in my life but for some reason, I want hers.

"Why?" Was all she said. I heard a knock on the bathroom door and I sighed.

"Just get over here. Please." I hung before she could respond. I looked at myself one last time and then went over to open the door. Her red hair was the first thing I caught. I smiled at her and she smiled back. She looks nothing like Yeji. I do know that she's actually a little older than Yeji though. But only by like a year or two or more I don't know. "Sorry, I was just looking in the mirror." I moved out of the way but she didn't go in. Instead she just followed me with her eyes.

"Ryujin is it?" It would be sad if you forgot my name in five minutes.

"Yes. Rosé?" She smiled and nodded and extended her hand. I took it and we shook. Her hand lingered a little and at that moment I didn't like her. I know she hates Yeji and she knows that I must mean something to her seeing as I'm in her house.

I pulled my hand back and cleared my throat "Uh. I'm going to finish making breakfast." I walked away. Before she could say anything. I went down the stairs and all the way into the kitchen. I passed the living room where I saw all three of them standing and talking. I think they were talking. I could tell Yeji and her mother did not like one another one bit.

I went to the stove and started putting everything on plates. Everyone walked in at the same time and not going to lie, I felt intimidated. They are all rich and wealthy. I'm just an orphan from a small place. "Did you get the strawberries?" I asked Yeji as she came up next to me. She was in a daze for a moment until I put my hand on her shoulder. She looked at my hand and then at me.

"I was actually getting strawberry lube." I looked at her wide eyed to see her smirking. I chuckled and shook my head.

"I don't know why you need lube. By the time we start, you're already dripping." She sighed in satisfaction and closed her eyes. I chuckled but then remembered that we had company. I turned around to see them talking to one another.

"Yeah, well, my asshole can't wet itself." I choked on my spit and started coughing. Yeji laughed and patted me on my back. All three of them looked at us weirdly. I don't know if it's because I was choking or it was because Yeji was laughing.

"Wow sis, didn't even know you could still laugh." Yeji immediately stopped laughing and the room went dead silent until the doorbell came. I hurriedly left and went to open the door.