I Love You

A week later

RYUJIN

I woke up with a long yawn and stretched very much. I've barely been out of bed lately and it's been killing me. Usually when I'm in a bad mood I work out but I just haven't had the willpower to do so. I haven't been at work all week and although that seems very unprofessional and 'child-like', I couldn't care less. My phone rang constantly for the first few days but I ignored it and turned it off.

I had moved out of my apartment to Yeji's house so I had nowhere to go so I ended up staying with my landlord. I didn't sleep with her because I know better than that. She completely understood my situation and allowed me to stay with her.

I rolled out of bed and checked my watch. It was a little after nine and I knew I had to go in. I can't avoid both of them forever. I saw Lia stop by my old apartment at some point, but instead of talking to her I just watched her leave. I walked into the bathroom and brushed my teeth and brushed my hair. I put on some black jeans and a white flowy long-sleeve shirt.

I walked out the room to see it was empty. Usually she's here but she goes on a run sometimes. I picked up an apple and made my way outside. I got into my car and made sure I had everything. All my work stuff is in my office so I don't really ever worry about that stuff.

I started the engine and made my way to work.

The ride there was silent and painful. I didn't really know what to expect once I got there, but I knew I didn't want to be bothered. I pulled up to the office and grabbed my phone and got out of the car. I made my way up to the top floor and once the elevator doors opened I stepped out. I could see from the corner of my eyes Lia looked up at me. "Ryujin." I didn't even acknowledge her and just continued to walk to my office.

I closed the door behind me and sighed. I don't even know why I'm here. Yeji clearly doesn't even need me. She has about two or three pages left and I'm pretty sure she can just re-read those by herself. I opened my computer and pretended to do something. I opened youtube and lightly played paralyzed by NF.

Ways I used to keep myself in a good mood when I was down when I was younger, was by playing feel good music. It didn't completely work but it helped. I would dance it out at night in my room and pretend like it was only me in the world. I loved it so much, but at some point daylight came and I was back in the real world. Where no one accepted me and I had to defend myself.

Honestly that's why I wanted to move to Seoul, the people here seemed so nice and the houses were amazing. I knew they would cost a lot but I at least wanted to try. And I was so happy I did. Everyone here was so nice and wanted to be friends, I loved it. Now I think I'm at the lowest point of my journey.

A few hours went by and surprisingly no one bothered me. I didn't get bothered by it as much as I should have so I really just listened to music the entire day. I worked on a few things like calling other businesses to get Yeji's book on recommendations. I got about three out of five people to agree so I did pretty good.

About time lunch rolled around I was starving. Turns out apples don't fill you as much as they should. I closed my laptop and walked out of my office. I didn't see Lia anywhere so I just left.

I walked to the café down the street and ordered a salad and water. I was thinking about going back to the office but I have nothing to do there so I will just stay here. I sat down with my food and started eating.

The door thingy chimed and I looked up to see Yeji staring at me. This was the first time I've seen her in about a week and not going to lie, she doesn't look well. I mean she looks as beautiful as always but I could tell that the stress and the anxiety got to her. I leaned back in the booth and stared at her as she walked towards me.

I watched as she sat down and instead of being a creep and continued to look at her, I turned my attention to my food. I should have ordered a taco. I felt her eyes on me which was suspected, but I at least wanted her to say something. Knowing that someone is staring at me makes me feel uneasy. "I miss you." She quietly said. I barely heard her but I felt my heartbreak.

It took everything in me not to hold her in my arms and let her cry on my shoulder. I looked up from my salad to see her staring straight at me. I sighed as I took a bite and sat up straight. "So was the pain not because of me, or do you just miss someone in your bed?" I asked while crossing my arms. She let out a painful sigh as she knew what she said was wrong.

"Both." I watched as she started playing with her fingers. "Ryujin I'm broken. You might have already noticed or not, but I was neglected as a child and I know I can't use that as an excuse for what I said to you but-" she licked her lips and let out a shaky breath. "This past week has hurt more than my entire childhood. You told me, before you left, that I need to work on accepting love. And I'm trying. But it's hard. It's hard knowing that there is a person in this world who loves me more than I love myself, it's hard knowing that, that person could leave me at any time for someone else, or hell, maybe just because they fell out of love with me. I'm scared that there's going to be a day where you wake up and just leave. I don't know when it's going to happen, but I fear that it's going to happen."

I watched as a tear fell from her eyes making me want to cry. I know that Yeji doesn't know how to love someone but I never knew it was on a deeper level than just no one ever loving her.

I reached across the table and grabbed her hands. She looked down at them and slightly smiled. "I love you means I accept you for the person that you are and I don't wish to change you into someone else. It means I don't expect perfection from you, just as you don't expect it from me. It means I'll love you and stand by you even through the worst of times. It means loving you when you're in a bad mood or tired to do the things I want to do. It means loving you when you're down, not just when you're fun to be with. 'I love you' means I know your deepest secrets and don't judge you for them, asking in return, that you don't judge me for me for mine. It means that I care enough to fight for what we have and that I love you enough to not let it go. It means thinking of you, dreaming of you, wanting and needing only you and knowing that you feel the same way for me." I wiped her face as more tears fell. "I love you Yeji. And I will say that everyday for the rest of my life. I promise to plant kisses like seeds along your body, so in time you can grow to love yourself as I love you."

I watched as her eyes became more watery. I scooted out of the booth and stood up. I grabbed her hand and made her stand up and brought her into a tight hug. "I love you Ryujin. So much." She whispered against my ear. I held onto her even tighter. I slightly pulled back and planted my lips on hers. As soon as they touched it I knew right then and there I found the one I have been looking for.

I pulled back from the kiss and put my forehead against hers. "Hwang Yeji." She hummed in response, making me chuckle.

"Would you do me the honor of marrying me?" She pulled back and smiled.

"What? You're not going to give me a speech first?" My mouth gaped open.

"I just did!" She started laughing and nodded her head.

"Yes. I will marry you." I smiled and shook my head. I looked at her and watched as her beautiful smile that I have been craving came back. Her feline eyes could light up my soul everytime and I wouldn't fight it. I don't care if I was in a dark place and I didn't want anyone near me, I would want her. And no one can tell me different.

"Good. Now quit being a bitch and love me."

-----------------------------------------------------------

THE END. btw there's an epilogue. ohh and a sequel too