22. Dvaravati Awaits

"Yashasvi bhava! Saubhagyavati bhava!" chorused Devaki and Rohini as the divine couple bent to seek their blessings.

"May every happiness be yours, children," Vasudeva beamed as the couple approached them with palms pressed against each other and respect shining in their orbs.

"May you nurture prodigies just like you!" blessed Drupada, fatherly affection dripping his tone as he embraced Kanha, patting his back lovingly. "Take care. You both look absolutely divine together. Blessed be, my son."

Then it was Revati and Balarama who had squeezed the wedded couple in a hug and almost choked them with their affection. "Lovely you are, sweetheart," Revati had said like an affectionate elder sister as she ran a hand through Kamalnayani's raven tresses and the latter had smiled widely. "Look, Kanha, my sister is going to be with me most of the day and you won't be able to complain." She teased as the said man puffed his cheeks.

"Not fair!"

Yudhishthira and Bhima had patted Kanha's back, the second Pandava's thwap almost having the son of Devaki stumble, guffawing as Yudhishthira passed the former a look of subtle admonishment. Bhima grinned sheepishly with a nonchalant shrug and then Nakula and Sahadeva sought blessings from the supreme lord.

"No." Kamalnayani stepped back as they bent to touch her feet. "I may have become your elder sister-in-law now but both of you have been my elder brothers-in-law first. Do not belittle me thus, please?"

"Hmm....how about a hug?" the Madri twins voiced in unison as the three wounded their arms around each other and grinned like close kins.

"She's Medha, and she's Gauri." the AshtaBharyas smiled at their new little sister, pointing at the disguised forms of two JagatMatas. "They're our close friends."

"It was nice having an introduction of both of you." Kamalnayani smiled and joined her hands, feeling an unexplainable bond build between them. "I certainly hope there has been no qualms so far, I would love it if you join us in the further functions as well."

"Sakhi, it was nice seeing you. After so long." The last three syllables, however, died down in their throats themselves. "Surely, we should meet often. Bhrata Kanha has brought us another lovely sister. Congratulations to both of you, once again."

Kanha and his Hridayaa were led to their seats which were laden with flowers and placed on a dias. It was the kansāra bhojana and Kamalnayani could already see Dhrishtadyumna and Bhima attacking the coconut and besan laddoos respectively. Coconut laddoos. Her mouth watered. Shikhandini teased, flaunting her sister's favorite imarti as she took a bite of it and closed her eyes dreamily.

World's worst siblings ever. Seriously. Kamalnayani huffed to herself, as Kanha eyed Subhadra with a frown who was munching on his favorite butter without him.

How unfair is that. Subhadrae, please don't do that to your brother!

"Jiji, everyone is eating. When will we get to eat? I am starving!" Kamalnayani whisper yelled, gently tugging Draupadi's veil, who shook her head in mirth.

"Krishu, grow up baby. Just a little more time."

Curling her lip in a pout, Kamalnayani adjusted the jewelry which seemed to be piercing through her skin and just hoped her stomach wouldn't betray her by making one of those weird noises.

What a good impression would that be, she almost snorted at the thought. By God's grace, it was then when she heard Rohini say.

"It's Dvaraka's tradition that the bride and bridegroom must feed each other, now as the kansāra bhojana has commenced."