79. Celebremos

Even when havoc reigned over the city of the Panduputrah, celebration swarmed it like bees sieging nectar. The empress grinned ecstatically, circling the veneration salver around the Shivi princess and her first consort, the crimson of her rich gauzy saree analogous to the burning sun, paired with the gold that sat elegantly on her slender frame. The other half of her bliss came with dragging her best friend and her sister to Shakraprastha, finally, along with the little one she was going to spoil rotten.

The other fire princess yawned, shifting her weight to the other foot, the cappers of her daughter bringing mirth to her as she cooed, barely parting for the magic she brought along was unrivaled. Her quiddity was pulchritudinous, and Harini was very much skipping in forelsket all over again. Even she was incredibly possessive of her mother, the first Dvaraka princess. Abhishtada also fancied attention much like any other kid, and when she was denied the same, the ultimate weapon was used. Charms—

Makes sense, Kanha mused, makes sense that's my kid.

—and cries. That had to be Hridayaa's genetics, he jested, earning a whack on the biceps by an outraged wife of his.

"It's seldom that serenity has not come at the cost of violence, love," he gently murmured, taking the free hand of his wife into his and pressing warmth into it. It had grown cold and almost numb in the air that came from the distant Yami and the dying hailstorms of her heart. "You know we have to come to terms with divine ferocity. I'm glad your mind is at peace now."

Niyati whispered something in her ear, a ghostly mumble that echoed in the subconscious, but Kamya shook her head almost innocuously instead, a crescent speaking of tacenda on her tender lips. "Oh yes it is," she replied in joviality, and he knew he had put ample credence in her to live in the present. "How're you doing though? I see someone did not comb their curls properly today."

Kanha rolled his eyes before dramatically putting a hand over his heart, "What can one decent, naive man do when his wife refuses to give time to him amidst their first child? Gone are the days when I was cared for, embellished, fed affectionately with the lotus hands of my—"

She deadpanned, "The- WHAT? Sit back down at once, Kanha. If you're saying we'll have another one, you are going to sleep on the couch."

He mock-gasped, knowing his Sakhi was somewhere around the corner, "We're not giving the dinosaur more playmates, Hridayae?" He saw Chanchalaa's expressions grow into something tortuous before she freed her hand from his hold and pinched his nose, playfully gritting her teeth. Abhi giggled, clasping the basil garland on her father's neck. Her parents had grown quite like her after her coming.

"One does not need many siblings when their father is quite like them, Kanhaai. Besides we do have many many children together. She already has plenty playmates."

And of course, her Laado and her boys back home were inseparable. They'd have to get back to Dvaravati sooner anyway, there was Saurashtra to look after too.

"Oh come on, I know you love me for the very same thing." He chuckled, planting a quick kiss on the corner of her lips before skedaddling in a jiffy. Hridayaa only deduced the true reason for the sudden hopping away when Krishnaa's advent was heralded by the delicious scent of blue lotuses, her wristlets clinking merrily as she approached her sister in swan-like gaits. The latter wiggled her eyebrows in mischief before scooping Abhi in her arms and gingerly swinging her from side to side.

Draupadi's smile screamed the same tease as ever— same as that of her self choice, back when she knew she'd be playing the wingman between Govinda and Krishu, and the time when she'd seen red alta stains on his arms, rogue on his lips— "Don't do all that in front of my baby girl, leave her with me if you both are in mood."