75. Appetence

Appetence.

Desire.

She wished to lose herself in her husband's embrace and bury herself so deep in his nerves that whenever anybody would attempt to know him beyond the skin, they'd have to dig into her too. The woman who rose from the flames exhaled a breath that was almost a moan of the anguish that was belaboring at her and shot her eyes open to find them meeting the same pair of kohl lined ones that were her compeers from the past few days.

"Are you seducing me now, lady Mohini?" She rasped with a quirk of her peach lips and a hand combed through her scalp in concern. The scents of ales and mead had barely kissed her lips and so had the bimba hue that wasn't hers. In the aesthetic of the bedchambers, two frames were dearly weaved in one when the sun came up and obligations dominated their ardor for each other.

"You don't lure someone who's already head over heels for you. That's for brats." A glimmer of humor appeared in the eyes of the enchantress as she  squeezed her consort's velvet palms warmly, their willowy fingers staying interlaced. "Could not sleep well, hmm?"

Vahnijaa mutely nodded, digging her fingers in the quilts that she was snuggled in. Her honey eyes drank away the tears surfacing them as another spasm hit, having her screw her eyes shut. The pearls dancing upon her elysian forehead were not a sight missed by the sharp eyes of the flautist for he dabbed the end of his upavastra and shifted himself in close proximity.

"Hridayaa." It was Kanha whose voice sounded so small and fragile now. Krisha pursed her lips and eyed him with a sorry glance. He was gawking and she could see the vulnerability in his mien that she never wished to. Gulping thickly, she husked an assurance against his knuckles that fondled her lips.

I will not let him take it upon himself like always.

"I- I can see through you."

"Priyavara, it's nothing."

Only a little time, Kanha.

"You have blocked away your side of the seraphic sight so that I cannot see what's wrong! You must not do this—" He struggled to keep his voice from wobbling and she took him in a quick embrace, her warmth fading against him even as he reached out to grasp her— but only a phantom of her lingered.

"I will take care of the both of us I promise," a windy whisper said, rendering the lord succiduous in the face of the ivory smokes and water lilies she left behind. His wife.

Appetence

Appetence.

Desire.

Devika's eyes yearned for the sight of a goddess who was the mother of her orphan self.
Shivi was wailing in the grasp of a crown prince who had joined hands with a bunch of nefarious foes of virtue. On the eve of her marriage to Jayadratha, she was imploring for a rescue that may never come for her.