~Chapter 4~

|Olivia    Stacy|

Today was the day i had my exam on, i was extremely nervous. But i had studied like the good student i am, plus Sydney had helped and Tim kept reassure me that things would turn out good no matter the outcome. I didn't have much free time to spend on nights out, as to i'm working at the store on the weekends and breaks, and mostly studied when i had opportunity. But of course Sydney had made me promise to go out tonight with her. A Friday night too, when all the drunk college student would go out celebrating their exam results. I wasn't exactly thrilled  but i did wanna spend the night with Sydney, plus i had to take care of her as well. 

My life had pretty much moved on these past two weeks, and i was very content with myself, i had successfully managed to push the thoughts of Jack out of my mind. Its not like he would care bout me, nevertheless think about me. He still lingered in my mind and sent sparks into my stomach, but he wasn't good. I knew better. Or so i thought.

The day had passed on quickly and to my luck, and effort, me and Sydney had passed the exam with ease. We walked into the lunch room, and that's the place where i mostly saw him

"sooo.. Are you just gonna ignore faith?" She said with a taunting voice and gently nudged me with her shoulder as we took our seats at the table.

I shot her a glaring look and ignored her statement. My eyes glanced quickly over at the table where Jack was at, and i couldn't help but feel my stomach drop a little. Samantha was sitting in his lap, sucking his neck off. She was the ultimate mean girl. I guess that made sense, and they suited each other. But when my eyes focused on Jack's expression, he didn't look content, or like he was enjoying himself. No, he looked like he was pissed. My lips formed into a smile and Sydney quickly catch on. 

I shook my head and went back to eating my food, gossiping with Sydney about pretty much everything. Laughter filled our atmosphere, and the picture of Jack and Samantha quickly vanished from my mind. As i was showing Sydney a funny video, we got interrupted by Tim calling me. I quickly shot Sydney a look of concern as i answered the phone.

"heyy Liv, whatcha doing?" his voice was filled with joy and the background noises told me that he was in a car, possibly driving.

"Oh just eating lunch with Syd, you?" i continued to stuff my mouth full and chewing loudly so he would hear. His chuckle made my smile go from ear to ear. 

"Nothing much in particular, just parked outside your school.." He said nonchalantly, and i almost choked on the food. What?

I quickly gestured to Sydney that i was going out to meet him, as she heard the conversation. I made my way out through the dining hall, and walked past the lockers with quick light steps. When i walked out the school doors i soon noticed that Tim was indeed telling the truth. I walked up to him and stood on my toes to give him a tight hug. He didn't waste anytime to hug me back, almost lifting me off the ground. 

"what are you doing here?" i asked with playfulness in my voice as i shoved his shoulder. 

"whaat, do i have to have a reason to come see my friend?" he stated back sarcastically and i rolled my eyes at his assumption. 

Tim was a few years older than me, and we had got to know each other pretty well, due to our long shifts at work. We continued to exchange snarky comments and laughing together before he had to get going, apparently he had to help buy groceries for his grandma, that's too ill to do it on her own. He was always such a sweetheart and he truly was a nice guy.