~Chapter 15~

|Olivia    Stacy|

My hands were shaking like crazy and my heartbeat was beating like never before as I tried to catch my breath from the short run. My vision was blurry and I could taste the salty tears that was holding on to my lips. As I stood there, alone, in the street, I came to realize that even if Tim was right or wrong, it wouldn't matter what he thinks. But no matter how hard I tried to shake it off, his words still rang inside my ears.

'He would never go for a girl like you'

And that dirty scoff-like sound he made after, truly felt like a dagger straight to my core. It might sound silly, that someone's words can stick around like that. But I think the main reason I felt so hit by his words is because that's what my overthinking brain tells me.

'Have some dignity'

Somehow I felt more valuable now when I've been around Jack then I have ever felt before. So fuck it. If he plays me, then its a life lesson I needed to learn.. Right?

My mind was extremely conflicted, and I just needed some air and to get away from Tim. I would confront him later, when I could contain my thoughts and emotions a bit more. For now, I needed to figure out a way to avoid Jack, because something tells me that he wont be too happy about the situation.

Sometimes I wish I could think before I act, but no, my clumsy self just ran out the store with only my phone and nothing else, and I have too much pride to go back in there and face him. So the next best thing I could come up with was to call Jack. I went over the plan in my head several times before actually making the call. Jack could never found out what Tim said, I would feel so ashamed and honestly, I would break if he would agree with him. So my master-plan was to ask him if he could come get me because I fell sick. Or something like that.

"Hey princess, is everything okay?" His voice filled my ears and I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath to control the tears that wanted to break free.

"Yes, yes, well.. Actually, do you have time to pick me up?" My voice got higher by the end of the sentence and I was mentally preparing myself for a 'no'. But it never came.

"Of course Liv, anything you want" I could hear how his lips probably held a massive grin and by just hearing his voice, made me realize how much I needed a hug from him. I shook the thoughts away and told him where he could  find me.

● ● ●

It didn't take more than 15 minutes before I could see his car stopping by the street. His tall frame walked out of the car and he looked messy, a hot kind of messy. His hair was all over the place and he was wearing some sweats that was sitting low on his hips, and a large t-shirt that enhanced his broad shoulders. I snapped out of my bubble and quickly realized that since I was crying, my mascara would probably be very smudged. Oh fuck.

He took big steps towards me and his arms quickly found their way around my waist and butterflies filled my stomach as my senses filled with his masculine scent of a somewhat woody and earthy smell that held a hint of coffee. I tried not to look up into his eyes or even let him steal a glance of my red eyes. I know it wouldn't work out very well.

He placed a soft kiss against my head as I burrowed my face deeper into his upper body, trying to cover my face the best I can without it being suspicious.

"Thank you for being my knight in shining armor" I teased him with a smile on my lips, and I couldn't help but melt into his touch when I felt his arms wrap around me into a tight hug. A very needed one too.