~Chapter 22~

|Olivia Stacy|

As soon as I closed the door, I practically sprinted towards the window. A big smile spread across my lips as I were met by a pair of veiny hands and soft eyes. When our hands made contact, I could almost swear I felt a spark. Jack were grunting as he eventually climbed inside once again.

"We need to invest in a bigger window" he stated nonchalantly as he brushed himself off.

"We?" I questioned him as I tilted my head the slightest bit possible. He gave me a crooked smile as he slowly looked up and met my burning gaze.

"Yes, we. Don't you know it already?" He raised one eyebrow up as he gave me a devilish smirk.

"Know what?" My voice came out as suspicious and somewhat curious.

"That you are mine till the day my heart stops beating. And even after that, death can't take you away from me my princess." His lips formed into a heartwarming smile and I could feel how my cheeks was set on fire. Who knew Jack could be such a romantic, in his own possessive way.

"Jack, I'm really flattered, but you really shouldn't give promises you can't keep. Forever is a long time you know.." I tilted my head down ever so slightly and gave him a side-eye look.

"Who said anything about breaking promises huh? I'll kill everyone who gets in our way." He took a few steps closer and his masculine scent hit me like a truck, as butterflies were having a blast inside my tummy at the moment.

"Olivia. I will kill anyone you point at. Anyone who hurts you. You should know that I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty, as long as you're unharmed."

I looked up into his eyes and for a moment, I swear I could see a splash of pain inside his honey glazed orbs before he quickly broke eye contact and stepped away. When he was about to turn around, my voice broke out.

"Jack?.."

He stopped in his track and slowly looked down to the side of his shoulder. I walked closer to him, and immediately placed my frozen hands against his warm cheeks.

"A flower can not grow without a little dirt." I spoke with a soft tone as I watched his harsh features soften across his face. He looked a bit surprised at my choice of words, but I was feeling content with myself.

"Then I'll keep on protecting your innocence." He replied as he pulled back a strand of my hair behind my ear.  I tilted my head and closed my eyes as I inhaled his warmth.

"Actually.. I would like you to teach me how to fight.." I spoke with quiet words, as I started to doubt my wish. He gave me a genuinely shocked expression as he had this enormous smirk plastered on his face. He grabbed my hand into his and gently lifted my arm up in the air, as he slowly spun me around into his chest.

"I wouldn't want to have it any other way my angel" He leaned down and placed a soft but tender kiss against my forehead. He made me feel safe and cared for, something I've longed so much after. To feel like I'm enough for someone. To be someones perfect match.

To be loved?

● ● ●

I couldn't help myself as I pressed my thighs together. I slowly glanced over to Jack's seat and my eyes wandered over to his masculine hands gripping the steering wheel. How can someone be so incredibly hot doing such basic things? I bit down on my lower lip and quickly shifted my gaze towards my window. The trees passing by was somewhat calming to look at. I could hear how Jack let out a deep chuckle but I tried not to look at him. I just knew my cheeks were a bright red.