~Chapter 17~

|Olivia    Stacy|

I was losing my mind. Dark thoughts was emerging, and all I could think about was Jack. And Tim. I tried to call him, well both actually, but no one answered. It has currently been about 3 hours without a word. And honestly, I sure hope Jack has a good reason for not calling me back. He just left me there, all teary and alone. If you think I'm pissed, then you're wrong. 

I'm enraged. 

I was pacing back and forth on my wooden floors, fidgeting with everything I could lay my fingers on. I wouldn't doubt it if I soon made dents on the floor by the amount of walking I did. My feelings were all over the place as I was on the edge of a breakdown, all this worrying and feeling helpless in this situation had me almost ripping my hair out. 

But as I was about to call Jack, one more time, he beat me to it. Without any hesitation I answered the call. I stayed quiet to wait for his answer, but all I could hear was his heavy breathing. My heart was beating even faster and I closed my eyes.

"Jack..?"  I said barely above a whisper. My voice was shaky and I could hear how his breathing hitched at the sound of my voice. He didn't answer me right away, but soon his husky low voice broke the silence.

"I'm here my love" His voice was so soft and quiet, and filled with so many emotions I couldn't begin to understand what happened.

There was a moment of silence and all we could hear was each others breaths, calming each other down. 

"Can I come see you princess? I need you.." His voice sounded so drained of energy and he spoke so gently, and honestly, I really needed him too.

"I'm at home Jack, but we need to talk" I tried to sound determined but it was hard, by just hearing the sound of his voice made me want to forget everything that happened and just hug him. 

"Of course my love, I'll be there in a heartbeat" His calming voice was all I could hear before the phone call ended, his sweet words and his calming aura took me down from the high of emotions. I went to the bathroom to comb my messy hair out and splashed some cold water to wake my tired face up. 

And then I waited.

● ● ●

The sound of soft knocks on my wooden door woke me up from the trance-like state my mind was currently in. I rushed, no, I practically sprinted towards the front door, and swung it open to be met by a pair of drained eyes, filled with a feeling that made my stomach twirl. He gave me a half-hearted smile before he took a few steps in. I stopped behind him and before I knew it, he spun around and pulled me into a long warm hug, as he placed his head at the crook of my neck, burrowing himself deep into my scent. As I wrapped my arms around him, I could feel how his muscles relaxed by my touch.

Once he pulled away, I finally laid my eyes on him, and how he looked. I almost dropped my jaw and lost the ability to speak as well. His clothes was dirty and bloody. His hands was bruised and his knuckles looked more than sore and covered in blood, and I didn't know if it was his or someone else. His hair was messy and hanging down, covering a bit of his face. Oh. My. God. I clasped my hand around my mouth and took a step back. But when my eyes met his, I could sense the amount of guilt that was behind them. 

I was feeling sick, as all I could think about was that the blood he carried on him, was probably Tim's. I ran past him towards the bathroom and he didn't flinch or move a limb. As I looked back at Jack, I could see his broad shoulders and tensed back facing me, and then I saw it.