1.

A firm knock on Yoongi's door made him slightly flinch even though he had been anticipating it. He felt himself tense up as the knocking continued.

At that pace, they'd make a hole through the thick wooden door. He kept his eyes focused on the little white bird outside his window. Flying from tree to tree.

"Come in." He finally called.

The door made a screeching sound as it opened up. The heavy footsteps that followed were creepier. A heavy cool hand tapped him on the shoulder.

"Happy birthday your majesty!"

"Hooray I get to kill my father today."

"Shit, when you put it that way it sounds awful."

Yoongi rolled his eyes and then continued staring at the bird. It wasn't until it dropped to the ground writhing in pain that he turned to look at the man provoking it.

There he stood with a smug smirk beautifully painted on his lips. His blonde almost white hair made his slightly good skin pop.

To be immortal his skin wasn't translucent at all. Yoongi had realized that the myth that all vampires were translucent and pale skinned was a lie.

"Can you stop that? It's a little sickening to use your power on a bird. Don't you think so?"

Hoseok grinned, "It was only for a second. He's just fine. I'm just trying to get your attention. Your father is waiting for you."

"Well, he can't do much when he's a lying corpse on the bed can he?

Hosesok chuckled, but quickly covered his mouth. "Your majesty, you always have a good sense of humor."

"I wasn't trying to be funny. I don't know why my father hired you to begin with." He replied slightly annoyed.

How could Hoseok be so calm knowing that the King would die today? Wasn't he supposed to be his fathers right hand? If he was so loyal to him, why wasn't he trying to stop this tragedy?

"Your father turned me immortal long ago because he saw my potential. I will be with you until the end of your days."

Yoongi sighed, turning back to the window. Sadly, that day wouldn't be today nor tomorrow. It would be hundreds if not thousands of years from now.

With his father stepping down from the throne—if he could even put it that way—he was the new king of Caaia. How could his father leave him to be the ruler of a country he'd never even seen?

His whole life he had been kept a prisoner in the castle. His father said it was for protection that there was no way the heir of the crown would be safe in the outside world.

So to put him as a ruler to the people he didn't know was a joke. They wouldn't respect him, they wouldn't fear him. He would simply be a nobody wannabe king.

"Should we go ahead and go?" Hoseok asked, interrupting his train of intrusive thoughts.

"Do I have a choice?"

"I'm afraid not. Your father has very limited time."

Yoongi headed out the door into the dark hallway. Was it him or was the light dimmer? The walls seemed emptier despite the trace of ivy vines growing on the walls. The angel ancient paintings on the ceiling also seemed to be gloomier than usual.

Although Yoongi had always found his comfort in these grey walls he suddenly felt suffocated as they got closer to his fathers room. He stuck his hand in his pocket and grabbed the small glass bottle. This was his last hope.