16.

The ceremony was so intimate, that the only ones present aside from Jimin, Yoongi and the marriage officiant were Hoseok, Taehyung, and Vernon.

The humidity and heat were barely noticeable under the shade of the enormous pine trees. Jungkook stood behind Jimin while Hoseok stood behind Yoongi.

The walk to get to Yoongi felt eternal. Jimin had never experienced so many emotions at once. His heart raced and at the same time it felt like it was stopping.

"Now that both parties are present we can get started. Please, hold each other's hands."

Both Jimin and Yoongi turned to face one another. They looked at each other for a while, neither of them making a move until Yoongi reached over to hold his hands.

Jimin was too afraid to try and touch him without permission. His heart started racing as he thought of the possibility of Yoongi seeing his past.

As soon as their hands made contact, Yoongi's eyes turned bright red. The marriage officiant started talking, but neither one of them could focus on what he was saying.

Jimin wanted to look away from his gaze, but was unable to. It felt like he was compelled to look at him no matter what.

It felt brief to them, but when the marriage officiant leaned closer to Jimin he snapped out of his spiraling compulsion.

"Repeat after me sir."

Jimin nodded, feeling his hands puddle into sweat. Yoongi's hands were cold and firm. He wondered if he could feel him shaking and disintegrating.

"I, Jimin, take you, Yoongi, to be my husband," The marriage officiant began.

Jimin took a deep breath as he repeated what he was instructed. His voice was quiet, too quiet for the marriage officiant to hear, but not for Yoongi.

"To have and to hold, from this day forward,"

At this point Jimin's face was on fire. Saying these words out loud was terrifying. Even if the marriage was out of connivence, even if what he was saying was a lie, it still shook him to the core.

"For better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish you always."

Always. Would he really last forever with him? If he did manage to convince Yoongi to turn him immortal, what then? He'd still be married to him no matter what. Even if he stayed human he'd eventually die by his side.

The big lump in his throat made it hard for him to even say the last few words. His tongue got stuck as he said the last word.

"Now your majesty, repeat—"

Yoongi spoke up before he finished his sentence. Hearing it twice had been enough for him to remember the phrase. Jimin's loud heartbeat was too much for him at the moment. If they continued this for much longer he'd start with a nosebleed again or vomit.

"I, Yoongi, take you, Jimin to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish you always."

"The ring exchange is next." He announced.

Yoongi pulled out the two boxes from his pocket and handed one to Jimin. It was the first time they had let go of their hands since the beginning of the ceremony.

"Would you like to say a word, your majesty?"

Yoongi shook his head, "I don't think that will be necessary." And proceeded to open the ring box.