39.

"What's wrong?" Jungkook asked.

Jimin took out the batch of cookies they had baked together and sighed shaking his head. "Nothing much Kook. Just have a lot on my mind. Do you think the guards will like the cookies?"

"They'd be stupid not to. You're the best baker I know. Your chocolate chip cookies are to die for. Plus, if they don't like them you can order to cut off their heads."

"Off with their heads!" Jimin joked with a giggle.

"Off!" Jungkook echoed with a grin.

After their little commotion died, Jungkook started cleaning the kitchen. Jimin was already wiping the table that had flour and sugar all over it.

They had baked three cakes, two batches of blueberry muffins and four chocolate chip cookie trays. This was one of Jimin's favorite hobbies one that he enjoyed doing while he was happy. It only confirmed what Jungkook already knew.

Taehyung was right and Jimin was definitely in love. As much as he tried to tell himself he wasn't, it was quite obvious. He now knew that this was no longer about gaining immortality.

"You're in love with him aren't you?"

Jimin stopped wiping the table and looked up at Jungkook. He thought of denying everything and playing it off, but there was no use in lying. He was a terrible liar.

"Yes. I am."

Jungkook sighed and nodded, "You've been in love with him for a while now."

"No. I just started to actually like him and I don't know where it turned into love. It was recently. I don't know how it happened."

"Is that why you've been so upset?" Jungkook asked. He knew something deeper was bothering him and he wanted to know what.

"Not really. Well, I guess that's part of it."

Jungkook approached him and placed his hand on his shoulder. "Let me hear you out. Let me help carry your anxiety and pain. It always feels easier to carry something heavy when another person knows your worries."

Jimin immediately wrapped him up in a hug. A very much needed one. He felt a sudden relief to have a friend so dear to him say those words.

Jungkook always knew what to say and when to say it. His timing had always been perfect and comforting. It was a warm cup of tea.

"Vernon showed me my past lives Kook. Now I can't stop thinking about them. They're driving me crazy. They stay on my mind like a broken record on repeat. I confused my reality with my past ones. I don't want to know a life where you're not my best friend. I don't want to know a life where I'm not with Yoongi. Knowing about it makes me second guess everything that's happening now. I wish I wouldn't have been so curious to begin with."

Jungkook kept holding him tightly as he heard his friends' worries. "It's okay Jimin. You will be okay. I know right now the nerves and anxiety seem never ending, but believe me it'll come to an end soon. You are going to be fine. Those memories do not define who you are today or what your life is going to be like. You said it yourself, they're past lives."

"Thank you for your words. I appreciate you."

"I wish you would've told me sooner. I might not be able to fix it, but I could've been there for you on a deeper level."

"I was afraid you'd think I am forgetting our plan. I'm still going to get us immortality. Trust me I haven't forgotten. I will get us our immortality Kook." Jimin said, pulling away from the hug with a smile.

Jungkook kept quiet and he felt his heart race as soon as he thought about telling Jimin how he truly felt. At last, he remembered Taehyung's words.

"Jimin, has it ever occurred to you that I do not wish to be immortal?"