11.

Taehyung sighed loudly as he approached the closed door. He didn't think his job required him to babysit two young adults.

He could hear the human, Jungkook, inside the house pacing around like a maniac. He was murmuring nonsense and his breathing was hectic.

Taehyung slowly reached over to knock causing him to gasp. Immediately, he ran to the door and opened it up.

Once he noticed that the one behind the door was not his friend he gripped the door tightly. His heart was still racing and his shirt was damp with sweat. The purple under his eyes made it evident that he hadn't had enough sleep.

"May I help you?" He attempted to not sound scared, but he was. One look at the tan man in front of him and Jungkook could tell he was one of them.

"Jungkook?" He questioned.

"Uhh...no. You have the wrong apartment—"

Before Jungkook could even move the door, Taehyung put his hand up stopping it. The panic started rushing through his veins and he attempted to shove it as hard as he could, but was unsuccessful.

Taehyung did not even move with his failed attempt to close the door. He was very unamused by his actions. Like he could out power gin.  Finally, Jungkook spoke up in the middle of his pushing.

"You cannot stay here! I do not care if you're homeless or an immortal!"

"Homeless?" He asked stepping inside.

Jungkook shrieked and moved away from him, "Yes. Aren't you trying to take my space?"

"No. I'm not homeless." He said offended. With a quick glance, he analyzed his outfit which seemed fine to him. Maybe it was because his shirt was not tucked in right or maybe it was the messy bun with the falling strands on the side.

Jungkook did not seem so convinced of this. He didn't have to say anything because his look said it all so Taehyung spoke up again.

"I am with the kingdom."

As soon as he said that, Jungkook's face went pale. He bowed and briefly closed his eyes regretting his stupid childish behavior.

"I apologize sir. Please forgive my rude behavior."

Taehyung felt uncomfortable to be spoken to so politely. He was not the king so why was this man suddenly praising him?

"There's no need for that. I am here because of your friend."

Jungkook straightened up and gulped down nervously. These two nights without knowing about him had nearly driven him mad. The only image on his mind was Hoseok devouring Jimin and leaving him without a pulse.

They both had different views about immortals despite them being so close. Jimin was fascinated by them, intrigued and attracted to them. Whereas Jungkook feared them. He thought they were everything but captivating.

"What happened to him?" He asked, concerned. He was so afraid that he had forgotten to ask politely.

"He's going to live in the castle from now on and he has requested for you to live with him."

"What?"

"The king is going to marry your friend." He stated casually as he looked around the small apartment. "I don't think you'll need any of this." He added walking to the door.

Jungkook was in shock at what was just said. He stood frozen until Taehyung turned to look at him. "Are you just going to stand there or are you coming?"

•••

"This will be your room." Taehyung said.

Jungkook timidly stepped inside the big room. His eyes drifted in all directions. This room was on the bottom floor.