50.

"Isn't it lovely today? Such a lovely day! A wonderful day! I love this day so, so much."

Yoongi smiled as he took a bite of his food. "Are you sure you're not being just biased?"

"No way. I think it's the best day in the world."

"Sure sure."

"Happy birthday! Have I already said it?" Jimin asked with a big bright grin.

"Twenty two times to be exact."

Jimin laughed with a blush spreading over his face. "I'm just so excited for you!"

"Another year alive on this earth. Yay."

"Don't sound so sarcastic. It's a good time to be alive."

Yoongi smiled nodding, "Only because you're here." He admitted.

Up until Jimin showed up in his life, he didn't have a purpose. His existence was solely to be the king and nothing else.

He cared about the country and the reign his father left behind. That's why he kept trying to be the best ruler he could to not disappoint him.

That's why he kept his identity a secret because he didn't know when he'd want to retire as king. He didn't want people to learn to love him and know him.

Yoongi didn't ever want to be known.

He wanted to stay in the shadows and never get attached to anyone. Losing his father had been a traumatic experience that he didn't think he could handle again.

That's why he did what he did to protect himself from ever feeling that way again. Hid away his heart and tucked his emotions under his sleeve.

He thought marrying Jimin would be a simple task. He thought marrying him would stop the dreadful nightmares just because. 

He thought if he waited eighty to ninety years for Jimin to live as human he'd resume his life back once he was gone right where he was to begin with.

But then Jimin took the time to get to know him. He became air itself to get through the thick walls Yoongi had built around his heart and soul.

He took the time to undress his mind and touch him in ways he had never been touched before. The immense love and emotion that Jimin provoked in him was incredibly strong.

It made Yoongi realize that he never wanted to be without it. Not without his love or affection. He wanted to feel this alive and free forever and ever.

Yoongi had secretly always dreaded his immortality, but now it didn't seem as dreadful if Jimin was by his side. It felt right to feel this happy after being so blue and sad for over a century.

"Jimin, do you truly want to spend the rest of your life with me?" He wondered.

"Of course I do. Why wouldn't I?"

"When we first met, I didn't really give you a choice. I mean I did but you couldn't say no. I am the king of the country and saying no to a king is never the answer. I just want to make sure you truly want this forever."

Jimin smiled, reaching over to hold his hand. "It's true that I didn't have much of a choice. When I was first cited to come see you I almost shitted my pants. I was ecstatic to meet you but never in a million years did I think it was going to turn into a proposal. Once you asked me to marry you I accepted out of convenience. It wasn't out of love, but little did I know I would end up loving you. I am truly grateful I accepted your command that day."

"We sort of started off the wrong foot. I chose to marry you out of the lust I had for your blood. I also wanted to end that awful nightmare that I had."

"Weren't we just foolish to think we wouldn't fall in love?" Jimin asked with a smile.

"Foolish indeed."

Jimin smiled as he finished his food. "Tell me, did you pick this food because I like it?"

"You might've influenced my choice a little."

"How does food taste to you?"

"It just tastes like food." Yoongi chuckled.

"So it tastes the same as when you were human? Do you remember what it's like?"

"Gee you're making it sound like I'm old as fuck."

"With all your respect your majesty—"

"Oh shut up."

Jimin laughed but then quieted down, "I'm just messing. It's a legit question though."

"I don't remember much of my human life. The food tastes wonderful as an immortal though."

"I bet it's a hundred times better than my human tongue."

Yoongi leaned in closer and planted a kiss on his lips. "I'll tell you what. A human and an immortal kiss are the same. Just as good for both."

"I agree." He murmured with a slight blush. Even if he wasn't immortal Yoongi's kiss and touch was magical.

"What's that?" He asked, pointing to a container.

"Do you really not know what it is? It's a cake, silly!"

"Did you smudge the happy birthday off the cake again?" Yoongi asked, raising his eyebrow. He had this teasing smile plastered on his face.

Jimin playfully smacked him, feeling his face redden a bit. "No, I didn't smudge it off this time."

"Good. I think it's a happy birthday thus far."

"Are you ready for a slice of cake then?"

"Of course. Always ready for sweets."

Jimin opened up the container that held the cake and revealed it to Yoongi. He smiled proudly as he saw his surprised face.

"I thought it'd be yellow." He admitted.

The cake had a beautiful black frosting with the words 'happy birthday' written on it in white. It was simple but lovely in every possible way.

"Well, I know you like both colors and although you fancy yellow now I wanted it to be your favorite."

"I adore it." Yoongi said admiring his creation.

"I knew you would. I don't have a candle but close your eyes and pretend there is one. You have to make a wish though."

"A wish huh?" He asked.

"Yes. A wish. Now close your eyes."

Yoongi did as he was told. Jimin held the cake in front of him. There was this smile on his face that made Jimin wonder what he could be possibly wishing for.

"Pretend to blow the candle when you have your wish."

Yoongi leaned closer and softly blew over the pretend candle. Then he opened his eyes. "Do you want to know my wish?"

"I don't think you're supposed to say your wish out loud or else it won't come true."

"For this wish I need to say it otherwise it can't come true."

Jimin set down the cake and nodded. He was rather curious to find out what it was either way. So he waited and smiled, eager to know what he would say.

"My wish is for you to marry me again."

Jimin inhaled sharply, his smile fading. Not because he wasn't happy, but because he was taken back. His face instantly turned red at the thought of having a second ceremony only this time it would be for real.

Because this time they were truly in love and committed to one another. The idea of going through that again seemed both magical and quite heavy on his shoulders.

"So Jimin? What do you say? Will you marry me again?"