43.

Namjoon knocked on the door lightly. He took a deep breath as he heard Jin's footsteps approach the entrance.

His hands were sweating and his knees trembling a bit. Once he saw Jin, he smiled and greeted him with a hug.

Jin still tensed up with his hugs, but he eventually relaxed to them. It was quite obvious he wasn't used to any type of affection while being in his body.

"Jin. How are you today?"

"I'm doing wonderful. How are you?"

"Doing just fine. Please, come in." He said moving aside.

Namjoon did so and took a seat on the familiar wooden chair. Jin didn't have furniture aside from the table, a couple of chairs and his potion shelf. He knew vampires didn't need to sleep, but he wondered how Jin did it to not sleep.

Sleeping was a good thing for Namjoon because it was a break from reality. A chance to forget it all at least for six to seven hours. Whereas Jin simply stayed up at night. Or maybe he did sleep by resting on the table. That didn't sound comfortable though.

"Do you want something to eat?"

Namjoon shook his head, he wondered where he kept food to begin with. There was no refrigerator. The room smelled like he had been eating right before he arrived. He suddenly felt rude to intrude at such a time.

"I'm okay thank you."

Jin took a seat on the chair in front of him and smiled awkwardly. He looked quite nervous or that's what Namjoon felt like.

He truly wondered why Jin hid his identity for so long because in reality he was beautiful. Even with the scar across his face he was a beautiful being. Inside and out.

"Is there something on my face?" He asked, concerned.

Namjoon smiled, spotting a chocolate stain on his cheek. "Yeah. You do actually. Here let me get it." He offered as he stood up and leaned over to wipe it off.

Jin's face blushed as he took a seat back down. Then he noticed the awfully yellow stain on his plain beige shirt.

"Goodness. The food was really good huh?" He joked pointing to it.

Jin looked down and cursed under his breath. "Dammit. I'm sorry. I like to eat my burgers with a ton of mustard. It never fails to get on me. Anyways, I have your potion ready. Let me get it for you."

Namjoon's smile slowly vanished as his brain processed what he had said. A memory of Nayeon saying goodbye to him came to mind.

"Dammit. I like to eat my burgers with a shit ton of mustard and I always get it on myself. Always!"

Jin returned to the table and handed him the glittery purple potion with red flowers. He didn't seem to notice how Namjoon was in utter shock.

"I've never done one, but I did my extensive research. I read a lot of books and used my knowledge in plants and flowers to make it. I hope it works for you and that you find the happiness you deserve."

Namjoon felt like he could hear his words, but at the same time it sounded like an echo to him. He looked at the potion bottle in his hands and back at Jin who was still talking.

Then suddenly it clicked. Everything made sense. Why he felt like Nayeon was two different people at the same time. The one he had met that day outside the castle wasn't the real one.

How come he didn't notice it before? The clumsy Nayeon with the food stains and chocolate addictions was Jin the whole time. That explained why meeting Jin for the first time felt so familiar and comforting to him.