Volume 1 Chapter 4: Shiina Hiyori

No one is free unless he is master of himself.
Epictetus

«Good morning, Yamauchi!»

«Good morning, Ike!»

It's been a week since I entered this school. A lot has happened during that time, but all of those events were completely insignificant to me. More and more groups of friends were forming in the class, the discipline of the students was getting worse and worse every day... I never became friends with anyone from this class. But personally I didn't need to, I didn't want trash like them to be my first friends. I'm getting more and more convinced of that every day. I'm pretty sure we're the worst class of all.

Class D is the worst class as it is initially, but I have a feeling that this year is the most unqualified compared to previous years. Simply put, the current first year D class is the most lame in the history of this school.

I was really starting to think about doing nothing at all. I mean, since they're so hopeless, should I even try to bring them up to grade A? Sure, I'd topple them from the pedestal the moment they got there, but is that really necessary? After all, why can't I just start living my life in peace?

If you think about it that way, I don't have to try to get to Class A in any way. I can just be here, live and exist. Perhaps I should try to make friends in other classes?

Sure, there's Hirata here, who's friendly with everybody, but that's not it at all. I mean, I need a real friend who will only be mine. Well, or at least we'll share a small group of friends, even a group.

«Fuh, man. I was so looking forward to today, I almost didn't sleep all night!»

«I know, yeah. This school is something, isn't it! Isn't it great that we get to go to swim class with the girls!»

Another problem is that I will need to find a permanent income from personal points soon. I am still thinking about starting my own club, but there is another option, namely joining the student council. However, if I do join, then only as a position close to the President. That's an outlook for the future. Then I will be able to make some good connections and perhaps soon compete for the status of President of the student council. All that's left to think about is how to gain the trust of the current commander-in-chief of this organization...

«Professor, can you film a video of the girls in their bathing suits?»

«Leave it to me! I'll pretend I don't feel well and skip class. Then I'll get a chance to watch them from the best seats!»

«Oh, while we're at it, why don't we have a women's boob bet? We'll bet on personal points...»

It's not going to be easy to gain the trust of your sempai, so much so from the third year. However, you can find a way to manipulate him. Catch him doing something that would be against the school rules. Like... Violence? Though it's unlikely that someone like him would do something like that.

Although it's not a fact that such a high-ranking sempai couldn't get away with something like this more easily. I'd better come up with another plan that would be more competent and without cut corners.

Besides, going back to that speech he gave in front of us in the gymnasium two times in a row, his personality is definitely strong. There's no easy way to break him. On top of that, he has the status of President of the student council and is probably surrounded by important and possibly influential people.

Hm? Maybe I should use someone from his entourage. That might work. I just have to find out who's even on the student council besides the two people I've already seen.