Volume 2 Prologue: Ichinose Honami's Monologue

When I applied to this alienated school, I wished to study for three years in the company of pleasant individuals and then receive a proper education and job references. If it had happened that way, I might have had a pretty good future, which many people in the world wished for. No matter how one looks at it, society has never contained equality and still does not. Plenty of people around the world live in poverty for one reason or another.

Unfortunately, my family was no exception. There were three of us: me, my younger sister, and our mother. My mother was ill, my younger sister was too young, and I was the only one left who could at least try to do something. I wanted to get my family out of it, especially after that "incident" when my mother hit me.

That single blow to my cheek I remembered for a long time. No, I did not blame my mother or my sister for that in any way. I only had myself to blame. As a delinquent since the third year of high school, I realized that human life is very fleeting. At one time you're just an elementary or high school student, after that you're the chairman of the student council, and then you're given the title of petty criminal.

But does it matter now? Does something like that matter at such a remote school, where no one knows your secret that you've been keeping for years? Could this place be redemption for me?

Really, what can I think of after my classmate was expelled? He clearly didn't deserve it; I'd say circumstances played against him. Not only is the school itself quite cruel, but the other students are likened to this kind of cruelty. Class D, that's really them. Initially I wanted to think they needed help, I felt sorry for them, but definitely not now. Not only were those called defective students not expelled, they were also supported at the proceedings in the student council office.

Also, my classmates... Kobashi-chan, Amikura-chan and Shiranami-chan... I don't know why, but at the second meeting, the three of them changed their position and blamed our classmate, giving him a vote of no confidence. In the end, Kanzaki-kun was dishonorably expelled from the school, even though I was completely convinced of his innocence.

If only Kamuro-san from Class A hadn't been there, if only Sudo-kun, Miyake-kun, and Matsushita-san from Class D hadn't been there...

«Can I really do that, Nagumo-sempai???»

«Of course, Ichinose. Don't worry, I'll take care of everything.»

By touching my fragile senses, the golden-haired sempai gave me the greatest opportunity. It seems that now I will not only be able to prove my usefulness, but I will also be able to take care of important business. It will also make things a lot easier for me. Class D beat me and my classmates, but that doesn't mean there aren't workarounds to get ahead again.

Suddenly, a small note fell to the floor from my pocket. It was a letter, a declaration of love I had recently received. That's right, it's something else I'll have to deal with.

Author's Notes:

Number of words: 562.

It's time for the second volume. It's about time. What do you think of the chapter?