Volume 2 Epilogue: Who Always Watches

All people are born liars and are basically already used to lying. If there is a person who has never lied in his entire life, his very existence would be a lie.
Ayanokouji Kiyotaka

As a student at this prestigious school, I woke up in the middle of the night. Lately, my sleep had become a little more responsive, which made it easy for me to realize when someone suddenly started texting me one after the other.

When I looked at the time the phone screen showed me, I realized that it was 1:46 a.m., or rather morning. I guess in this case the very perception of a person plays a role in determining whether it is morning or night. Practically speaking, it is dark now, the sun has not risen yet, so it is reasonable to consider this period as the time of night. But, speaking in another language, more theoretical, we can conclude that after 00:00 a.m. a new day begins, and it starts in the morning.

Anyway, I was looking at who was texting me and it was Himeno... I didn't understand, why the hell is this girl of the indifferent type doing something like this at this time of day? It would have been fine if it was now 1:46 instead of 1:46, but it wasn't. Anyway, I had to look anyway to see what she wanted to tell me. Maybe it was something important.

[Hello.]

Amazing. It was the first time she had ever written me a hello, I think.

[Important information!!!]

[Ayanokoji, Ichinose seems to have completely lost her mind. She's going to attack your class through the vice president of the student council and the C class leader.]

Wow. If memory serves me right, that's the first time Himeno has ever addressed me by name. It's amazing. Does she have any character changes going on at night?

[She also sent out some instructions to all her classmates. It looks like the B class will become more aggressive before summer vacation begins.]

[Is that so?]

It looks like Ichinose decided to act, which was a little bad for me. But how? Did she really manage to get her peace-loving classmates involved? Also the C class? I have a bad feeling about this.

[Oh, you're awake?? Cool.]

She still liked that I checked those messages now instead of early in the morning, though. Well, I was more concerned about why she herself was up so late.

[Would you like to talk?]

[Why not.]

Now she was already suggesting that I talk to her. Well, I didn't mind. After all, it would be easier to get the information I needed and just entertain myself at this late hour during the conversation. But the thought that Ichinose was up to something drove the drowsiness away from me.

At this point Jimeno began to call me. Is that what she meant by "talk"? Well, there's nothing wrong with that, I guess. Anyway, after answering her call, I managed to hear a sweet and rather cheerful voice from the other side of the phone line.

"Yo."

«Yo.»

"You're up pretty early, you know?"

Should I also say that I woke up because of her messages? That probably wouldn't be a good thing, so in this case it's best to remain silent. If you piss girls off in any way, they'll come at you like predators. Though Himeno herself is surprisingly friendly and cooperative today, so I might as well try.

«Who's to say.»

But I didn't try.

"I didn't sleep until now, either."