Volume 2 Chapter 2: Everyday Life at This Unusual School

Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.
Mark Twain

It's been a few days since the study group started, and it's already Monday. So far everything has gone pretty smoothly, except for the fact that I've been teaching things that were below the average high school student. But I've also been lucky, because they've still been very obedient, despite having been doing extra classes for a few days now. Apparently, my method earlier had worked. True, there were still some problems with their willingness to learn, for example, today they just didn't want to go...

[Time-skip chan on]

The day after the Kushida event, I wrote a message in the general chat room.

[Are you ready for our group to meet today at 5 p.m. at the same place?]

[What? It's Saturday, Ayanokoji. I already have plans.]

[I don't have time today.]

More excuses. Well, I guess there's no other way.

[Sudo, you will come, won't you?]

[Yes, of course.]

[Then could you bring these two with you? If they object, just use the force.]

[What do you mean when you tell me to use force? Should I strangle them or shoot lightning at them?]

[No, just beat them up a little bit. Within limits. Otherwise they might be expelled, and our class will be punished.]

[I got you.]

[Time-skip chan out]

I've been fortunate in that Sudo has become more trustworthy since the time he's been on trial. Now I can rely on him in some situations, because he knows what happens in cases of exceptions.

There isn't much time left to prepare, because the exam is due on Wednesday. Over the weekend and two days of next week, I have to get them through all of the middle school material and a small part of the high school material. Then I could be sure that they would pass with at least a minimum score. But additionally, I planned to buy the answers to the test from the high school students. Then I would have full assurance that they would pass.

Actually, I could have done that from the beginning, but then they wouldn't have gotten anything on their own. That way I got them to think a little bit. It's already better than nothing, and it will probably play a part in the future.

Anyway, so far it's going smoothly, as it should.

* * *

It was lunchtime. I quickly left the classroom and headed to the place where I've been going too often lately - the canteen.

I should look for the right person first. I walked around for a while, looking around at the people and their food. And soon I spotted someone who might actually be useful. It was a lonely student with glasses, who was looking at his own vegetable set with unconcealed disgust.

I walked over to his desk and sat across from him. His eyes immediately stared at me as if I were an impostor who had invaded his territory. But I was friendly and decided to go straight to the main path of this conversation.

«I'm sorry, you're a senior, right?»

«А? What are you, anyway?»

«Are you a sophomore? Or are you a third year?»