Volume 3 Chapter 1: A lovely cruise and paradise island

The watchtower of the Pleiades, stretching to the heavens and piercing the clouds.

Its upper layer was literally invisible when viewed from below due to the fact that it was previously covered with a lot of clouds. They had been hiding this part of the watchtower, but now, for some reason, they began to disappear by themselves.

While reading this light novel, I sipped strong black tea in slow sips. Now I was able to enjoy reading in almost complete silence with a fairly comfortable environment.

In general, Sakayanagi called me to this small open-air cafe on the upper deck, but now, for some reason unclear to me, this girl was late for a pre-arranged meeting. Of course, I had to wait for them, so I decided to read a book that I had been carrying with me since the beginning of this sea trip.

The course of the vast cruise liner ran through the sea waters straight to the uninhabited island belonging to the school. Most of our summer holidays will be held in that place, but almost no one complained about this. Personally, I was pleased to observe the open views from the upper deck of the liner. White and lonely fluffy clouds slowly floating across the light blue sky, catchy waves, at first quietly sailing up to our ship, and then crashing into it so audaciously and sharply that you could feel the full force of the water right in this place. All this gave me some aesthetic pleasure together with a light breeze carrying with it the literal smell of the sea.

According to the ship's personnel, we will arrive at our destination tomorrow afternoon. The liner will dock, and we will go ashore. We will have the whole island in our power, where we will be all week.

– Hey.

Thinking about my own and listening to the noise of other students in this place, as well as the waves of the sea, I noticed a girl who was slowly approaching me. Her beautiful long purple hair was slightly fluttering in the almost imperceptible wind. Stepping carefully on her left foot, she reached the table where I had managed to sit alone before, and took a seat right next to me to my left.

– Hey.

I answered her in an equally simple manner of communication. After that, I again had to devote time to the novel in my hands, until when reading the next line, my eyes came across Kamuro's attentively rude gaze.

– Is something wrong?

– No...

She almost hissed the word like she was a snake. Because of this, I had to put the book on the table, leaving a small bookmark almost at the very end of it, so that later I would not have to look for the moment where I stopped reading.

– Is something wrong? Or maybe you're just bored?

– I already told you nothing happened.

She turned away from me, already looking at the water, which I had previously stared at at times. Well, maybe she just didn't have a good day in the morning. But I'm still glad she's here.

– Anyway, I'm glad you came, Kamuro. Although it would be better for you to rest until tomorrow.

– I'm fine.

After my words, she turned back in my direction, making the look of her dark purple eyes a little softer than before. But still, I would prefer that Kamuro doesn't bother herself until tomorrow. In the end, she failed to fully recover.

It's been almost a week and a half since I gave her some semblance of first aid. If the mark on the cheek disappeared quite quickly, and the torn skin on the knee healed and left behind only a slight redness, then the foot has not yet returned to normal. Kamuro, of course, was already able to walk even like a normal person, but it was difficult for her to do it for a long time. Moreover, she definitely couldn't run yet. Well, I hope she will be able to rest during our vacation.