Volume 1 Chapter 6: A Plan to Discredit Class B

Freedom is when you can leave, but you stay.
Maria Sveshnikova

I was walking down the hallway after class and noticed someone I wanted to talk to for a while. It was a young woman. She was walking toward the stairs, apparently wanting to go up to the upper floors, but I called out to her before she could do so.

Her elegant, but nevertheless direct and unwavering stride came to a sudden halt when I managed to get her attention. She looked at me point-blank and slightly surprised, after which I walked straight up to her.

«Ayanokoji? Is there something I can help you with?»

«Yes, sensei. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you something. It won't take long.»

For some reason, a slight smirk came over her face after my words. She quickly waved her hand toward the stairs and went where she must have gone before I called out to her.

«Did she? We'll talk on the roof, then. Let's go.»

I sighed softly, thinking that I was going to spend a little more time on this conversation than I'd bargained for in the first place. I had to follow her up the stairs anyway. Fortunately, we met almost no other students, but even those who passed by paid no attention to us.

Soon we reached the door leading to the roof. Chabashira-sensei took the keys in her hand and opened the door to the top of the building. Usually the roof is closed for the safety of the students and only the teachers have access to this area.

As soon as the door opened, a cool breeze immediately hit my face, but it didn't pose much of a problem. I'd even say I felt better about the sudden phenomenon than before.

But then someone's slippery hands, like tentacles, quickly wrapped around my waist and dragged me back inside the building, which Chabashira-sensei immediately noticed. I tried to free myself from such a gentle grip, but my ear had been exposed to unusually warm air by this point, which for some reason stopped any of my actions.

«Gosh, what a cute boy. Did you really want to take this treasure, Sae-chan?»

«Let him go, Hoshinomiya.»

Behind me I heard a sweet woman's voice. Judging by the actions she allows herself in the presence of the teacher, they do know each other very well, and certainly not just casual acquaintances. Maybe these two are coworkers at school or something?

«Nope. Hey, what's your name, cutie?»

She blew on my ear one more time gently, which sent a faint shiver through my whole body. Why do I feel so strange? And for what reason is she doing all this? These questions kept me awake for a second.

«A-ayanokoji...»

«Ayanokoji-kun? That's a cool name. You're pretty popular, aren't you? Let me guess, you have a pretty girlfriend?»

The fact that I sometimes hang out with pretty girls doesn't mean I'm popular or that I have a life partner myself. Still, it was weird that someone thought my name was cool or something.

«No. I'm not very popular.»

«How so? Such a nice boy must be absolutely flooded with letters of declarations of love. If I were a little younger, I'd love to have you.»

Sounds like she really is one of the employees of this institution. It would be funny if this strange young woman with shoulder-length wavy hair turned out to be a teacher.