Chapter Six: The New Apprentice

Danny slowly awoke in a dark cave like room. He then realized that he was chained to the wall. He sat there hanging from the rocky ceiling in silence. It felt like the time when Valerie had actually captured him when they had to save Dani from Vlad. He smiled slightly at the memory. Suddenly the same man he had seen at the harbor entered the room. Danny scowled at him. "Who are you?" He yelled. "Your friends know me as Slade but you may address me as master." Slade said. "Why would I ever call you my master?" Danny said "I'd never work for you, you're just another evil crazed up fruit loop." Slade then held up a silver metal collar with a small blinking red light on it. " In a moment you'll see you have no choice but to become my apprentice." Slade said evilly. Danny's eyes were wide and filled with fear as Slade strapped the piece of metal to his neck. Slade pressed a button a small controller sending a shock through Danny's body. Soon Danny opened his now glowing red eyes as a evil smirk formed on his face. Back at the tower Robin was searching frantically for anything that could lead him to his brother. He couldn't find anything but he continued to search. He wasn't about to lose the last piece of his family he had left and especially not to Slade. Robin laid his head down on the table, images of Danny as Slade's apprentice still flashing in his mind. He let out sigh. He remembered the heartbroken feeling had felt when his parents had died and he had lost Danny. He didn't want that feeling again so he continued his search. Back in Slade's rocky cave lair Danny, now wearing an apprentice uniform, was training. He blasted small targets. Slade placed his hand on Danny's shoulder and said "good apprentice soon you will be ready to fight on the battle field." Danny smirked evilly. "Finally" he said. Back at the tower it had been two days since Danny had gone missing and Robin nervous wreck. He searched all day for any sign of Danny. The other titans comforted him and dragged him away from the computer to get him to relax. Suddenly the crime alert sounded. Robin ran to the computer and typed to see what was happening. The titans loaded in to the T-car and drove off. They arrived at the scene but they were all blasted back by a green ray of energy. They then saw Danny as Slade's apprentice with bright glowing red eyes. "Danny?!" They all gasped. Danny laughed evilly and blasted again but this time the titans jumped out of the way. Though it pained him to say Robin yelled "titans go!" Starfire shot star bolts at Danny but he just created a shield of energy then shot his own beams knocking Starfire down. Raven tried to throw things at him but he turned intangible causing the items to go through him and crash in to Cyborg. Beast boy tried fly at him but Danny shot him out of the sky. It was now just Danny and Robin. Robin then noticed the strip of metal around his brother's neck and his usual neon green eyes were now a blood red. It didn't take Robin long to realize Danny hadn't become Slade's apprentice by choice. Danny charged up his fists with ghostly energy as the others titans began regain consciousness. Robin couldn't fight Danny so he threw a few bombs and yelled "titans fall back!" The titans then disappeared in to the smoke leaving Danny standing there coughing as the smoke incased him. Danny watched as his enemies ran and he flew off back to Slade's lair.