Chapter Seven: Confrontation

Robin told the titans about Danny's condition. "Oh I just knew he'd never become evil!" Starfire squealed with glee. Robin touched her shoulder to calm her. "We still have to figure out a way to break Slade's grip on him" he said "I noticed a collar around his neck, that must be what Slade is using to control him." The other titans nodded in agreement. "So how do we get it off?" Cyborg asked. Before Robin could reply the crime alert went off. Robin knew it had to be Danny so he looked to see where he was attacking. He found that he was he was breaking in to a top secret lab that was holding some high tech weapons. "Slade wants weapons, no surprise there" Robin thought to himself. Then he shouted "titans go!" Danny flew through the walls of the lab to reach the resting place of a deadly high tech blaster. Two guards confronted him. "Oh please" Danny laughed as he blasted the guards back. Danny grabbed the blaster and flew out of the building. Outside the lab he was stopped by the titans. Danny shot a ghost ray at them blasting away everyone but Robin. "Danny please it's me Robin your brother, remember." Robin pleaded. Danny's evil smirk suddenly turned to a rather confused face. His red eyes faded back to their usual neon green. "Robin?" Danny said confused. Robin smiled at his brother. But before Danny could act another shock more painful than the one before was sent through his body. Danny fell to his knees grabbing his head and yelling in pain. "HELP ME!!!" He yelled to Robin looking up at at him with scared and sad eyes. Robin ran to help him but Danny blasted him away as he opened his once more red eyes. Robin stood up, his legs shook as he regained his balance. He looked up to where Danny was standing. Danny's glare burned in to Robin's mind. Soon the other titans awoke and joined the fight. Raven trapped Danny in her dark magic. He struggled to gain his freedom. Robin walked up to his trapped brother and pleaded for him to remember once more. Danny just glared at him annoyed. Robin sighed sadly. Robin pleaded again and this time Danny's eyes faded back to green. Danny felt a piercing pain in his head. Like someone had beat him with a steel bar. Raven released him from her magic and he fell to his knees. The last thing he remembered was Slade putting a metal collar around his neck and then feeling a painful shock and that was it. But he didn't feel like he'd been unconscious just not in control of his body. Robin ran over to his side and helped him up on to his feet. Danny grabbed his aching head as Robin put his hands on his shoulders. "Danny are you ok?" Robin asked him. "No, I feel like I'm loosing control" Danny replied. A tear leaked out from Danny's eye. He leaned his head on Robin's shoulder. Danny then remembered the strip of metal around his. "Robin! This collar it lets Slade control me!" Danny yelled pointing to the collar "you have to get it off or I'll be stuck like this forever!" Robin put a hand on Danny's shoulder to comfort him. But soon Danny felt another shock of pain invade his body. He yelled in pain but he soon lost his true self and his mind fell back in to darkness. His eyes glowed a blood red and he charged up his fists with ghostly energy. Robin sighed sadly at the sight of his little brother as Slade's apprentice. Before Danny could shoot them Robin threw a few smoke bombs and the titans disappeared.