Chapter Fourteen: Gone

Danny flew around the city for a few hours looking for some sort of shelter. He finally found an old abandoned house. It wasn't the best but he was exhausted from flying so long. He flew up in to one of the rooms and saw some old broken furniture along with a tattered bed. He set his bag on the dresser and went to clean up a bit. Once he was finished he then began to unpack his things. He pulled out a few framed photos. One was of him and his old friends and family. Another was of him and the titans. He pulled out the last two. One was of him and his brother while the other was of his parents before one of their trapeze acts. He could feel tears well up in his eyes before they began to pour down his face. What would they think of him now? He had ran away from the people that cared about him probably leaving his brother heartbroken. He set all the pictures on the dresser and fell on to the bed. He curled up in to a ball and cried himself to sleep. When morning came he went to bathroom and splashed some water on his face. He looked up and saw his face in the broken mirror. His face quickly flashed to his evil older self. He gasped in fear and stumbled back. He looked back at his reflection to see that it had reverted back. He held his chest gasping for air. He exited the bathroom and noticed the titans communicator sitting on a table. He had turned it off so they couldn't track him but now he wondered if he should turn it back on. Before he could make a decision he heard a large boom come from outside. He looked out the window and saw millions of Slade's robots. Slade and Vlad followed shortly behind. He transformed and flew out the window. He turned invisible so the titans wouldn't notice him. He could see the titans trying to fight them all off. He saw Vlad about to fire a ghost ray at Robin. Danny quickly flew down and grabbed his brother's shoulders. He turned them both intangible letting the beam pass through harmlessly. Danny then flew back up and fired his beam at Vlad knocking him back in to a group of robots. He looked back down at his brother with a surprised and happy mixed with a tiny bit of sadness. Danny couldn't help but smile. But then he noticed Slade was staring at him with a death glare. He became slightly nervous so he changed back to being invisible. He quickly flew over and landed on the edge of the nearest building. He watched the others fight and beat every robot. Soon it was just Slade left. Danny fired a small blast knocking Slade off his feet. Robin tried to hide the smile that began to form on his lips. Slade quickly regained his footing and noticed Danny on the roof. He aimed a blaster at the ghost boy but Robin quickly knocked it out of his hand. Slade then threw a few smoke bombs blinding the titans. When the smoke had finally cleared they noticed that Slade had vanished. Robin looked up to the building where his brother had been and saw that he had disappeared as well. Robin frowned and returned to the tower with titans. Danny landed back in the house. He changed back to his human form and once again notice the communicator that rested on the nightstand. He picked it up and smiled. He placed his thumb on the on button and debated on whether or not pushing it. He then thought a about his brother and all of his other friends. He then pressed his thumb down turning on the communicator. The titans now could find him. He set the circular device back down and laid back down on the bed. He smiled as he drifted off to sleep.