Chapter Ten: Safe and Sound

Robin sat quietly looking over his unconscious brother who lied in a bed in the tower medical bay. Danny had been unconscious for two days after his rescue. Robin watched over him every minute hardly eating anything. He didn't want to leave and have his brother wake up alone. The door to the bay suddenly slid open. Starfire slowly walked in carrying a bowl of soup. She looked at Danny's lifeless body. Her gaze drifted from Danny to Robin. She could feel the sadness radiating off of him. She handed the bowl to Robin and sat down next to him. Robin sighed and said "Why won't he wake up? It's been two days." He took a spoonful of soup and placed it in his mouth. Starfire placed her hand on his shoulder "I'm sure he will wake up soon I promise." Robin dropped his head down in to the palm of his hand. Starfire then slowly stood up and walked out of the room. Another day passed with still no sign of Danny waking up. Robin held his little brother's hand. He rested his head on the edge of the bed and closed his eyes. He slowly began to drift to sleep. Suddenly he felt Danny's fingers start to twitch and he could hear soft moans. His eyes snapped open and he was greeted by the sight of Danny slowly opening his eyes. Tears of joy began to fill his eyes. "Robin?" Danny said in a weak voice. Robin full of joy wrapped his arms around his brother and pulled him in to a hug. After they pulled apart Robin could Danny smile weakly. Robin then yelled for the other titans to join them. As they entered the room they to saw the wonderful sight of Danny awake and alive. Over the next week Danny rested with Robin by his side every minute. Soon he was rested and healed and ready to fight again. Danny changed back in to his black jumpsuit and put on his silver gloves and boots. He set the apprentice outfit in a chest in his closet. He sighed as he closed the lid. Danny changed back to his human form and flopped down on his bed. He heard a small knock on his door. He groaned as he shuffled to the door. He pressed a button to open it. The door slid open to reveal his brother. "Hey. How are you feeling?" Robin asked. Danny sighed annoyed. "You've already asked me that five times today but to answer your question, I'm feeling fine." Danny said in annoyed voice. "Well sorry for annoying you Danny but I'm worried about you." Robin replied with a small smirk forming on his lips. Danny opened his mouth to reply but was stopped by the sound of the crime alert. "Yes! Finally!" Danny yelled happily as he changed in to his ghost form and sped off to the main ops room. He'd been copped up inside for a week so it felt good to finally get back out on the battle field. Robin laughed at his brother as he ran towards to the main room. Robin quickly turned on the screen to see what was happening. They saw mumbo jumbo was robbing a bank downtown. Robin then yelled his signature battle cry and they ran off. When they arrived they could see mumbo jumbo using to turn everything upside down. Robin threw a birdarang to alert him. "Oh the titans" he sneered "well you're not going to ruin my show!" The titans then dodged a blast from his wand and charged in to fight. Danny and Starfire shot rays of green energy, creating large craters and cracks in the ground. Cyborg shot his light blue sonic cannon. Raven tried to throw things at mumbo using her dark magic. Beast boy rammed in to him as a rhino. Eventually Robin was able to tie up mumbo in his grappling hook. He the broke his wand draining mumbo of all his power. They then handed mumbo off to the police and went back to the tower.